Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

I haven’t received my vaccine yet because I’ve been so terrified hearing horror stories...

I keep seeing stories about some people getting their vaccine and during the 15 minute waiting period they pass out/faint.

My friend just got his Pfizer vaccine today and while he was waiting during the 15 min waiting period after you get it, a man in his 50’s passed out and had to be taken on a stretcher. An ambulance also came.

What could cause these things?? I’ve also read that fainting is sometimes common in some vaccines such as the HPV one. Im hoping to speak to my doctor soon before booking my appointment because my anxiety about fainting or getting another side effect is so high right now.

Re: Passing out after COVID vaccine??

If those stories terrify you, stop looking at them.

The overwhelming majority of people don't faint. No point working yourself up over something that isn't happening to you, and probably won't.

"I keep hearing/I keep seeing"

Well, stop looking then.

When someone I personally know had that experience it makes things closer to home than hearing it on the news.

Just want to know what would cause that to happen after the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Just want to know what would cause that to happen after the vaccine.
    Panic attack....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

People 'passing out' is nothing more than people fainting from needle phobias I should think, or standard panic attacks and anxiety following the vaccine. Its just fainting, that people do when they have highly anxious situations - it just so happens that this mass vaccination effort is causing all the people with needle phobias to be together at the same time LOL. Someone did it infront of me as I went into the hall to have mine, he was fine within minutes and sitting and chatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    People 'passing out' is nothing more than people fainting from needle phobias I should think, or standard panic attacks and anxiety following the vaccine. Its just fainting, that people do when they have highly anxious situations - it just so happens that this mass vaccination effort is causing all the people with needle phobias to be together at the same time LOL. Someone did it infront of me as I went into the hall to have mine, he was fine within minutes and sitting and chatting.
    I can understand passing out during or before, but he had just gotten just shot and was waiting in the waiting room and after about 2-3 minutes he passed out. My friend said he seemed unresponsive and an ambulance had to come. So scary :(

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Hi Jennclark,

After months of anxiety about the vaccine I just booked mine up today - it's this Sunday. I will admit reading your post made me feel a little alarmed, but I really do think the best plan is to stop looking at the stories you mention. Yes, it's scary - but quite often the news media doesn't provide any context - they just give a scary headline so you click it and don't tell you the full story.

Probably if you took any item of food you could find stories of people who had an allergic reaction and were rushed to hospital. I think we just need to try to stay away from all the horror stories if possible and focus on the fact that TENS OF MILLIONS of people have had this vaccine and been perfectly fine. The people I've spoken to said they had a sore arm and about 1 or 2 days of feeling a bit under the weather.

Of course I'm terrified of getting the vaccine too - but you have to ask yourself what scares you more - the vaccine or having covid?

Imagine if you had the vaccine a few months ago. You'd of done it, and be getting on with your life! I really hope like me you have the courage to book it up. My only advice is to maybe just book one in. You don't have to go, you can cancel, but just take that first step and book something in if you can :-)
    Hello, I am so so sorry for making you anxious.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope your vaccine goes well on Sunday. Booking mine is definitely the hardest part. I have such a fear of medication or taking anything new. I even stay away from caffeine because I’m so sensitive to anything going on in my body.

I was discussing this story with my boyfriend and my friend called me to tell me about a clinic by the house doing walk ins and I could go right now to get it if I wanted to. Oh, the anxiety! I think I will talk with my doctor and hopefully she can help with this fear.

My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

I’ve finally taken the step to book a vaccine appointment which is not this weekend but next.

My anxiety since I booked it last night has been so high. I can’t get it out of my mind and I can’t imagine what will happen on the day of.

I have such a bad fear about side effects, but not the flu like symptoms. More so the ones that happen after you get the vaccine. That 15-20 minute wait that they make you stay just to make sure you’re okay. I’m worried about allergies or something bad. My friend got his vaccine and while he was waiting in the waiting room afterwards, a man passed out. This was after he received the vaccine. What could cause this?

I’m so anxious about passing out and being rushed to the hospital for something sinister.

Re: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

What a shame that your friend told you about this. I'm sure it happens infrequently and this is why there are people looking after you post-vaccine. I think it's reassuring to be monitored especially if you are highly anxious. Please don't torment yourself with all this fear of "something sinister"..Why should you be singled out for a mega adverse reaction?

If you are that fearful on the day then maybe postpone your jab until you feel mentally ready? There's no pressure on you to have it.

As regards the man fainting..Have you considered needle phobia?
    Last edited by pulisa; 08-05-21 at 18:31.

Re: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

I wish my friend didn’t tell me either...but I had told him to be honest. I was so shocked to hear it. But I do many people that have gotten it and nobody else has seen that happen.

I actually just spoke to my doctor and she told me that fainting is actually pretty common for certain vaccines. It isn’t due to what is inside the need though.

I’m hoping I don’t postpone it. My parents and friends are all really pushing me, I know once I get it I would feel so relieved too. I’m also so afraid of getting the virus.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information