Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Panic Pause/Humour/Games & Quizzes This topic contains posts that bring some light relief and humour to the Message Forum. You will find all sorts in here that may cheer you up :-) You can also post here about the online games and any tournaments you have set up or check out any quizzes we are running.

Old 02-11-18, 04:01

Re: Room 101 Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
Got to love a bit of Father Ted
Kept me entertained in the 90s. Good old Pat Mustard!!!
The hairy baby maker!

What a classic episode, Speed 3. If the milk float goes over 5mph the bomb arms and it will explode below that.

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
Seriously? I always seem to have a coughing fit when eating chocolate, so does my o/h. That would explain it.
Nah, I meant all this gourmet choc that appeared. It's one way to cover up people like Cadbury's making naff choc to save money.
Old 03-11-18, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain View Post
Oh well, as long as this is a moan thread, Terry-on-Trent….

I agree, most slaughtermen are taking the job for the money - but they’re taking a burden of responsibility so we don't have to. And I thank them sincerely for that (although some folks despise them for it).

During WW2, my grandparents kept a couple of pigs for slaughter. It was common practice, to eke out a meagre meat ration. Even then, though, a butcher would take charge of the killing, with all the family (children and all) chipping in with the numerous tasks ("Every part of a pig but its squeal is useful." was the old saying). Can you imagine that happening in these vacuum-packed plastic, hermetically sealed, sanitised times?

As a society we've become detached from the reality of real life and moved into a state of virtuality. Every aspect of our lives is coated in an impenetrable, gooey layer of politically correctness. This is not a good thing. We are continually abdicating responsibility for our own lives, or allowing it to be taken from us on the pretext of it being “better for us”. When we have to face the truth of it all, we can’t cope, and anxiety takes over.

All of which brings me, circuitously, to folks killing animals (as distinct from folks killing other folks – another dilemma for another day). If they’re doing it for money, it’s ok, but if they’re doing it for ‘fun’, it’s heinous…?

These matters should prick our consciences (…you can’t say I never feed you, Terry ).
Funnily enough, there is a petition about the recent Scottish hunting issues:

https://www.change.org/p/the-scottis...ons_share_skip

I was thinking about what you said about our detachment from growing-processing of food. Something we didn't consider was the impact of veganism/vegetarianism on wildlife. What about farmers killing small animals & birds in the processing as well as pest control?

So, vegans can't really claim a higher ground on animal protection when they still contribute to mistreatment of animals. They can say they have reduced their "slaughter footprint".
Old 07-12-18, 03:01

I went into the bathroom today to find a wasp! Xmas wasps are becoming a thing due to global warming! Right that's it, that's the final straw!

My dad booked in the winter flu jab for him and my mum. I get a text measure through telling me my appointment time. He confirmed he only asked for "me and my wife".

So, this could be finally my time to get a visit from the psychiatrist if they think I've married my own father. If that won't get one, I don't know what will.
Old 07-12-18, 11:30

sorry, but that made me laugh Terry.
Old 07-12-18, 19:02

And me
Old 08-12-18, 02:45

Oh, it got worse. It turns out they thought I was my own father. Add that to marrying your own mother and it's surely getting the men in white coats mobilised.
Old 08-12-18, 10:34
Intermediate Member

A family that plays together,stays together
Old 08-12-18, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post

A family that plays together,stays together

I suspect if you were to stick your hand down Terry's knickers you wouldn't find any hair, just traces of his dads lipstick!!

Sorry Terry and everyone!
Old 08-12-18, 19:09

That's below the belt Matt!!!!
Old 08-12-18, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
That's below the belt Matt!!!!

Tags
101, game, room