Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison Ivy Rash

Poison Ivy Rash

Sorry for being the author to so many posts. Might aswell just make a thread called "The moaning James"

I went for a walk in the woods last weekend with me and my son. We ended up getting lost and off the beaten path in some bushes. We had to climb over trees and all sorts.

I got back and was fine, but the next day my upper thigh on my right side were very painful. I didn't understand why until a few days later when I developed a rash. Every day I get a new rash patch. The rash is like lots of little tiny blisters that itch. But if i itch them they pop and then become sore and scab over so I am trying not to touch them.

I do remember climbing over a tree that had some type of weed growing around it's branch. My right leg would have touched it as I was wearing shorts. Looks identical to a poison ivy rash.

Any way to make this go away? I've read the rash can last weeks. Any topical treatments?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Poison Ivy Rash

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Sorry for being the author to so many posts. Might aswell just make a thread called "The moaning James"

I went for a walk in the woods last weekend with me and my son. We ended up getting lost and off the beaten path in some bushes. We had to climb over trees and all sorts.

I got back and was fine, but the next day my upper thigh on my right side were very painful. I didn't understand why until a few days later when I developed a rash. Every day I get a new rash patch. The rash is like lots of little tiny blisters that itch. But if i itch them they pop and then become sore and scab over so I am trying not to touch them.

I do remember climbing over a tree that had some type of weed growing around it's branch. My right leg would have touched it as I was wearing shorts. Looks identical to a poison ivy rash.

Any way to make this go away? I've read the rash can last weeks. Any topical treatments?
    Good ol' calamine lotion at a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

My daughter is the authority on covid symptoms...

There's a wide variety if you seek them out as she does..

I think it's best for my HA I don't seek them out

☪️️

Could you ID the climber from these James?

Common Ivy https://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/common-ivy

Black Bryony https://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/Flow...ony(Black).htm

Both are potentially toxic and the first can cause allergic reactions. With black bryony the sap is an irritant, my Dad has it growing in his hedge.

Oh wow, thanks fishman! It looks like this I think (I could be wrong): https://warehouse1.indicia.org.uk/up...b31k8rn5p3.jpg

The rash is horrible. Lots of little tiny spots; the spots are tiny blisters. I've seen some horrible pictures on Google that freaked me out. I've got about 10 patches, only on right inner thigh and a couple patches towards the outside of the thigh. It has to have been from when I climbed over the fallen tree which looks like the image I posted.

The rash is painful, and when not painful they itch. I don't know if E45 helps, but it soothes it.

Can't believe it. Trust this to happen to me. I definitely did see black bryon but I don't know if any of it touched me.

This looks like mine, but on my thigh: https://i0.wp.com/images-prod.health...?w=1575%20750w

☪️️

Here's some pictures actually of my leg.

* https://i.imgur.com/Ggl7CqS.png
    * https://i.imgur.com/DZyTUed.png (you can see the tiny blister spots)

Don't mess with that stuff man. It's nasty. I always thought people were joking about ivy ... hence why I wasn't bothered about it.

I can't wear trousers or shorts atm, just very short boxers. Plastering my leg in E45 is a winner.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 18-09-20 at 01:42.

☪️️

I just went through this myself. Got it weed wacking the yard. I'm on the tail end but it was on my legs, arms and body. A raised bumpy red splotchy rash that itched like all get out! As suggested, topical remedies like hydrocortisone, calamine lotion, Benadryl and one that really helped me was Aveeno anti-itch lotion. Its been three weeks and its pretty much gone but still annoying.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information