Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Scary stuff I've handled the heck out of this week

Re: Scary stuff I've handled the heck out of this week

Because that was what we'd just had for lunch at the café.

Lol I literally didn't think of that.
    It probably wouldn't have had the same impact if it had been a sandwich. A jacket potato sounds like it means business!

Got an email from the university, passed the first year of my apprenticeship and can continue on to the next! Very pleased with myself!

Fantastic news catkins

Catkins, that's amazing! Well done!

Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thought I'd post in here about going to Orlando for 3 weeks by myself. I do it every year so it never seems like a big deal to me, but given that I've been much more anxious this year than previously I need to start patting myself on the back for these things
    First week was great! Got up every day at 7 (at home I typically don't get up until 11 so that was a big change for me), did Disney parks every day for a few hours. Then spent a few hours in my room, taking a nap, watching some TV, and pool in the evening.
    Second week I moved to Universal and had a few blips. I started getting up later again around 11, and then couldn't find the energy a lot of days to actually go out and do something. I tried the parks once in the afternoon but had to give up after an hour. It's just way too hot to be outside in the afternoon! It wasn't even that the heat was making me too anxious. I was just physically miserable from the heat. So last week I really didn't do much. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy staying in bed watching TV as much as the next person. But I didn't fly thousands of miles to do something I can do at home. So a bit annoyed at myself. But I accept bad days will be there.
    Last week this week, I fly home on Saturday. Bit better so far. Got up early again this morning, but also it's a bit cooler this week (30 degrees instead of 33 degrees ) so I will try and do the parks either way. And some days will be rest/pool days and that's absolutely fine too. I am after all on vacation!

The only thing I'm still anxious about, that I've been craving for 2 weeks and still haven't dared to do, is have a cocktail! I really want to have a cocktail by the pool. But I'm very anxious about that. And the only reason I am, is because I know if I have alcohol, I can't take a xanax. Not that I've felt the need to take one in months since taking the Propranolol, except for on the long haul flight, but I think part of the reason I haven't felt the need to take it is because I know it's there. Once I drink, I can't take it. And that genuinely sounds so stupid to me because my body doesn't feel anxiety so strong anymore that I feel I can't handle it, but my brain thinks what my brain wants. So that's a hurdle to get over. Last week here. Come on, I need to be able to have a cocktail!

You're doing great!

What's your favourite cocktail?

Thank you!

Typically a Mojito. But in Florida I always go for a Margarita for some reason. I guess it's the tropical vibes

Sparkling fairy, it was so encouraging to read your post.
    You probably burnt out a little in the first week or 'burnt' as in the weather in that high temperature.
    You should be very proud, its an amazing accomplishment.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread Information