Thread: Healthy anxiety worry

Healthy anxiety worry

Hi everyone,

Today I had to go to my family doctor to get a TB test done because I got a new job.

Now my anxiety is all up because I worry about getting the corona virus there. I’m so hypersensitive to everything that I’m feeling right now.

Like suddenly I feel sleepy after I had dinner, and I felt cold so of course my mind goes crazy thinking the worst. Nobody else was even at the doctor office as they only allow one patient at the time. But I feel nervous that the staff there have it, or my doctor, or it’s in the air. Of course I wore a mask and gloves.

I got a forehead temp check at the office and it was 35.5c. I did a armpit check just now and it’s 36.4C. I know it’s a little different between the two. Makes me so nervous :(

Re: Healthy anxiety worry

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Hi everyone,

Today I had to go to my family doctor to get a TB test done because I got a new job.

Now my anxiety is all up because I worry about getting the corona virus there. I’m so hypersensitive to everything that I’m feeling right now.

Like suddenly I feel sleepy after I had dinner, and I felt cold so of course my mind goes crazy thinking the worst. Nobody else was even at the doctor office as they only allow one patient at the time. But I feel nervous that the staff there have it, or my doctor, or it’s in the air. Of course I wore a mask and gloves.

I got a forehead temp check at the office and it was 35.5c. I did a armpit check just now and it’s 36.4C. I know it’s a little different between the two. Makes me so nervous :(
    Hi jennclark, sorry to hear you have been anxious about COVID. I’m not a doctor but our temperature fluctuates all the time and that increase is still within the normal healthy range as you’re aware. I also remember my GP saying that the mouth thermometers are more accurate than the forehead/armpit ones so the different readings you see may be attributed to that as well.

If you did get exposed to COVID which is very, very unlikely, as you took precautions and GP clinics have strict protocols to keep themselves and their patients safe, your temperature wouldn’t have increased in the time it took for you to get home from the office anyway. As I’m sure you would’ve read in the news, the virus takes a few days (up to 14 days) to manifest in symptoms such as fever, which seems to be what you’re worried about in particular, and in some cases it may not even be symptomatic at all.

Hope the above helps and all the best

Re: Healthy anxiety worry

Thanks so much for responding. It’s seriously rough right now to have health anxiety with everything going on.

I had to go back to the clinic again yesterday to check my results from the TB test. Now today I’m all nervous again about having Covid. I keep checking my armpit temperature, anytime I feel chilly I get scared so I check it.

I was a little cold earlier and I checked my armpit temperature and it read 36.7 C. Im a little confused at what is actually normal armpit temperature. But apparently normal starts at 36.5-37.5. However I keep reading other ones, so I’m not sure which one is right.

Other than this worry I really don’t have any other symptom. *knocks on wood*

Thread Information