Thread: Anxiety over logic

Anxiety over logic

I've been doing so well regarding health anxiety issues after having CBT last year but seem to have spiralled with symptoms.

There will be TMI in this thread so warning So, I've had hemorrhoids since birthing my son 4 years ago, maybe before that but prominent since. Without being crude they literally stick out, have considered surgery but apparently recovery is awful.

If I ever have to strain I will bleed, usually find culprit as a fissure right near the anus. Not inside just to left of it. One time I bled from bottom 7 months ago, and had pooped hours before.

I'm a regularly regular pooper, once a morning. Fairly healthy 31 year old female.

I started taking iron supplements without being told to, just thought I'd add extra vitamin to my day and problems started. This was a month ago and 2 weeks I noticed I wad pooping less, often needing to and not happening. I used logic and saw iron supplements cause constipation and common side effect, then occasional acid reflux in throat, again logic saw this was a side effect if iron. However I stopped taking 2 weeks and symptoms are still there, I rang a doctor who said it could be easing out but usually leaves system after 10 days and I'm here still.

Only thing that may have changed is I'm starting to try eat better and less calories

I wasn't worrying about bowel cancer until I let myself google and now I'm sure I have every symptom.

Re: Anxiety over logic

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcher90 View Post

If I ever have to strain I will bleed, usually find culprit as a fissure right near the anus. Not inside just to left of it. One time I bled from bottom 7 months ago, and had pooped hours before.

I'm a regularly regular pooper, once a morning. Fairly healthy 31 year old female.

I started taking iron supplements without being told to, just thought I'd add extra vitamin to my day and problems started. This was a month ago and 2 weeks I noticed I wad pooping less, often needing to and not happening. I used logic and saw iron supplements cause constipation and common side effect, then occasional acid reflux in throat, again logic saw this was a side effect if iron. However I stopped taking 2 weeks and symptoms are still there, I rang a doctor who said it could be easing out but usually leaves system after 10 days and I'm here still.

Only thing that may have changed is I'm starting to try eat better and less calories

I wasn't worrying about bowel cancer until I let myself google and now I'm sure I have every symptom.
    It'll be the iron which kicked things off and any change to the diet (good or bad) will affect your colon. I had to cut right down on gluten so I started eating GF options which are rice based - and this put my colon on virtual strike so be mindful of what you're eating and if the foods are 'naturally binding' (like the foods you'd eat of you had the shits)

Birthing my eldest kids gave me piles too. (I remind them this as often as I can)

Keeping your BM's soft is important. If you're straining to poo, you need to up your game with fibre or use a natural laxative like magnesium (citrate)

Personally, I have found (after years of trial and error) that a kiwi a day helps to keep my piles happy..

P.S DON'T GOOGLE!

Yeah it will have been the iron…terribly constipating.

You don’t have bowel cancer, that’s only Dr. Google telling you that. He’s an old quack, take not a blind bit of notice of him.

Ghost…Spillways

Thank you for your replies, I'm so so let down with myself for googling. I've read about ovarian cancer AND bowel cancer. I'm certain symptoms for either wouldn't come up so quickly would they? I've been tracking my bowels and last 4 days I've been regular, back to old morning routine but this morning I went twice and very loose. Yesterday I didn't eat much as didn't have appetite and today I'm obsessive over bloating

Basically since for a while I'm VERY bloated on an evening compared to how I wake in morning and I thought it was normal and my anxiety brain wonders whether I've had these symptoms for years and now advanced. I know my anxiety is terrible because I feel it, I feel so much guilt and so low again for allowing myself to google

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcher90 View Post
    I've read about ovarian cancer AND bowel cancer. I'm certain symptoms for either wouldn't come up so quickly would they?
    Its a positive that you recognize its your dragon speaking and that Dr. Google stoked the flames. You have an obvious cause and effect here and deep down I think you know you're Ok and have the tools at your disposal (CBT) to dispense of the dragon. You know the answer to your question above

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes for sure, it's like I've only felt worse and noticed additional symptoms since I googled. I initially was like oh its Iron side effect, how annoying let's stop taking them. Then allowed myself to Google which I haven't done in a very long time.

So sorry to post again but I've had diarrhoea 4 times today, last time was practically liquid. Stomach gurgles and not much appetite. Two day prior I felt headache and nauseated but today that went, swapped for watery BMs and no appetite.

I'm in a tizz.

Definitely have diarrhoea, been several times since this evening. I can't sleep due to worry. No appetite either.

I remember though my son having very softer paler poops a few times last week, back to normal now though. Could I be I maybe caught a bug from him? He didn't have urgency though and didn't go as often. Just had much softer, paler poops than he usually would.

Talking to myself at this point but think I've found cause for the diarehea, I've been unknowingly drinking milk over a week out of date. I've also been serving it in cereal for myself and my son and he had weird poops too. I've read spoiled milk can cause 24 hour bugs.

Appetite came back but I have the stomach gurgles still.

Thread Information