Thread: Absolutely spiraling over sinus pressure/pain!

Unhappy Absolutely spiraling over sinus pressure/pain!

Hello,

I am so ashamed and disappointed in myself. My health anxiety has been super good, but now I am spiraling over my symptoms I have lately. I got over covid quite recently. I am feeling a lot better, but ever since all my other symptoms went, I am left with this sinus pressure and pain. My ears feel full and I have some facial pain over the front of my nose and forehead pain. The most puzzling thing though that I am not congested. I am able to breathe just fine through my nose. It's driving me absolutely mad. It's all I can think about. I am anxious it's turning into a sinus infection even though I do not have discolored mucus or any of the other symptoms. No fever either. It's just this sinus pressure that makes my head feel full along with my ears.

I spoke with my therapist about it today and I explained how my health anxiety is spiraling. She is going to be having me do an exercise to think rationally about my symptoms instead of catastrophize. It's incredibly difficult though right now. My worst fear is that my symptoms will get worse from here and that I won't be able to see my doctor. I take off for a trip on Sunday and will not be back until the following Tuesday. So, I'm incredibly anxious things will not resolve from here.

Has anyone ever had residual sinus pain from a virus like this before?

Re: Absolutely spiraling over sinus pressure/pain!

I get it from allergies sometimes, so it’s not always a sinus infection. Some Sudafed and an ice pack over my face usually helps.

Keep in mind that even if it were a sinus infection, that’s not the end of the world. A course of antibiotics would clear it right up.

I hope you feel better!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I get it from allergies sometimes, so it’s not always a sinus infection. Some Sudafed and an ice pack over my face usually helps.

Keep in mind that even if it were a sinus infection, that’s not the end of the world. A course of antibiotics would clear it right up.

I hope you feel better!
    Thank you. I am trying to avoid antibiotics though unless I absolutely need them considering that I do not want to become antibiotic resistant. So, I'm hoping that a decongestant pill will help!

I have that off and on all the time. It may very well be allergies like it is for me. It’s annoying but I just deal with it. I’m in a dry, windy climate so lots of folks here suffer from it. Also, I’ve had more than one doctor tell me like over 95% of sinus infections are viral anyway, so most people should not take antibiotics for them. My doctor told me that unfortunately, a lot of doctor’s will prescribe them just to get patient’s out the door and to pacify them.Thankfully my doctor doesn’t prescribe antibiotics unless they’re absolutely necessary. I use nasal spray and shower before bed and in the morning after playing with my dogs, mowing, etc to wash off the outdoor allergens, and it helps.

I hope you feel better!
    This is great advice. You might also try a neti pot (use sterile water) and/or a warm compress over your maxillary sinus (cheek area) and frontal sinus (eyebrow/forehead area). That usually helps me. Sinus pain can be very annoying but there is no danger.

I have these issues and I shove my face into my heated blanket.. (usually helps)

Heat does work well! I’ve just always used ice packs for my migraines so anytime I’m in pain I start seeking out cold
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Heat does work well! I’ve just always used ice packs for my migraines so anytime I’m in pain I start seeking out cold
    I use Kool Strips for migraines but heat for the sinus stuff. Sometimes I have both going on at the same time lol but I also have headaches that are sinus connected (I think) and they don't like cold...(also headaches which come from my cervical spondylosis)

Thread Information