Thread: Hernia affecting leg?

Hernia affecting leg?

Hi, I have a inguinal hernia on my.right groin and one on my left lower stomach they both are about an inch. I also have 2 little lumps on each side of my groin maybe lymph nodes idk? My right hernia has getting smaller with no to very little pain. My.right leg mostly my thigh back of thigh and a part of my front thigh have been tight and/or a hevy feeling and some times my knee and calf feel tight theres no pain, swelling, or discoloration. (Except swelling and very little pain on knee after been on feet all night and goes away when I wake up pretty sure it's something else had other problems with that knee.) Has anyone experienced this or know about hernias? Is this noramal and can I wait to get surgery for a few months?

Re: Hernia affecting leg?

Got a lot of views anyone know any thing about hernia pains?

Depending on the size and location of a hernia, they can cause discomfort or pain. While I can't speak for your pain, I never heard of an inguinal hernia causing the pain you describe as it's typically local to the hernia.

I had a femoral hernia that was very painful. As soon as I woke up and stood up, it would pop out into my leg and cause extreme discomfort and ache. Only when I laid down and fell asleep did my body relax and it popped back in. I had surgery for it and not an issue since.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by sea123 View Post
    Got a lot of views anyone know any thing about hernia pains?

have you seen someone about it?
    sorry.. i can't help you on this one. but seeing someone is always a good start

Thanks for the replies. I have an appointment tomorrow for a thyroid nodule and swollen lymph nodes im goingto ask the doctor about my groin and leg issuses than.

Thread Information