Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hi everyone

I've been reading through posts on this site for a while now so I thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm a female, 36 years old and I have struggled with health anxiety from my early 20s which stared because I have had heart palpitations from as young as my teenage years. The anxiety turned into full blown panic attacks in my 20s. I managed to get most of my symptoms under control after a few years. Fast forward to last year, while pregnant with my first child and everything has come flooding back, and now seems worse since bub has been born! Anyway, looking forward to hopefully finding some peace through the forum 😊

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya I'mComplicated and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Introduction

Thank you!! xx

Re: Introduction

HI there,

I'm a fit 59 yr old female and come from New Zealand. I've struggled with HA since I was in my teens. I've got 2 lovely grown daughters 28 & 30 who are emotionally well balanced.
    Unfortunately my own mother had a huge fear of cancer and used to talk to me about it as a child, so the fear got passed on. I've had counselling for my anxiety with limited success. In rearing my girls I kept my fears to myself, but they do know about my HA so does my Dr.

I do have a few autoimmune issues, CFS and IC and maybe Sjogrens, which I have under control. I keep fit by walking every day and watch my diet ... I love chocolate though!!

I do relief teaching when it's available. I'm pretty secure in the other parts of my life and have a lovely boyfriend, but when it comes to a health issue that I can't explain away my anxiety goes sky high! During such times, I struggle to eat, looses weight, keep going to the toilet etc and can't focus on anything else except the health issue at hand.
    I do take anti-anxiety meds during these times to calm myself down. When I discover that all my tests are negative, I'm over the moon and the anxiety subsides. That really is the pay off, so am hoping to develop some other ways of coping with life's health ups and downs.

Thread Information