Thread: Strange feeling in throat causing me to swallow

Strange feeling in throat causing me to swallow

I feel a kind of tight feeling in my throat, thus I get the urge to swallow. At times this tight feeling in my throat will go away, but it will come back randomly. This tension causes me to swallow and it gets annoying when I keep doing this. Sometimes it can go away for a couple hours even, but then it comes back which makes me swallow my saliva any help?

Re: Strange feeling in throat causing me to swallow

You are swallowing all the time, but most people most of the time don't take any notice of it. Anxiety increases tension in the body so you feel the tension in your throat sometimes and that makes you aware of your automatic swallowing.

Sometimes when I am not anxious I feel this. It's just so hard to concentrate on anything else. The thing is it does go away, usually in the morning I don't feel it at all, by the evening I really feel it, after feeling it I have to swallow saliva to relive tension in the throat

Fishmanpa often uses the analogy of anxiety being like a fire and when the flames are out there are still the hot embers of anxiety waiting to be stoked up again. You can get symptoms of anxiety before the feeling of anxiety. This is what is happening to you.

Maybe, but I've calmed down and I still feel it.. It's really annoying swallowing over and over again. As I'm typing this I don't feel this feeling in my throat that makes me feel like swallowing.. It's quite strange

And you will still feel it. Once the tension has gone it's effects persist and heal over time unless the tension returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuatir View Post
    And you will still feel it. Once the tension has gone it's effects persist and heal over time unless the tension returns.
    Well it was fine in the morning today, I didn't feel this feeling in my throat but now in the afternoon I feel this feeling in my throat and I keep swallowing to relieve the tension. No idea why it's happening as I have not been anxious lately

Thread Information