Thread: Chamomile Tea (working) and oils?

Chamomile Tea (working) and oils?

Hey,
    I know this has probably been posted 100000 times but I've recently started drinking chamomile tea when I'm feeling a bit of a panic and it brings me right down from it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, it doesn't last very long maybe an hour or so but it lasts long enough for me to not have a panic attack over the intense feelings. My mum has suggested buying oils to put around my house has anyone had any experience with these and are they any good (she keeps going on about lavender). I'm suffering from severe panic attacks and anxiety right now and she doesn't want me back on the prozac suggestions welcomed!

Re: Chamomile Tea (working) and oils?

Chamomile tea is so popular in decreasing depression and treating sleep apnea, you know? https://authorityremedies.com/home-r...r-sleep-apnea/
    I start to drink it every day as possible and thanks to it, now I have sound sleep every night and be happy in the morning
    About the oil, inhaling essencial oil is one of the most effective tips to releive the anxiety, you can try lavender oil as your mom recommended, or other types like mint, rose, ... up to your favorite smell.

Hi there, I'm qualified in Aromatherapy and Jull is right about inhalation of essential oils. The molecules bypass the blood-brain barrier as they're carried up through the olfactory (smell) nerve and work on the part of the brain that mainly regulates emotional states. Bergamot essential oil is a great one for anxiety as it's balancing yet not too strong. Frankincense is beautiful, I love combining it with ylang ylang. Frankincense has a history of use with meditation and ylang ylang can help to settle breathing. Essential oils aren't a cure but the majority of the time they do help. I have very severe anxiety and sometimes they only give me some relief for an hour or so but any relief is better than none I guess if you need any more info please let me know, it's always worth consulting with a qualified aromatherapist before using any essential oils as medical conditions and medication may mean a certain oil can't be used.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I find lavender oil in the bath with magnesium salts soo relaxing! I've been drinking a hell of a lot of chamomile tea lately too. No idea if it does anything but simply the ritual of having it, the warmth of the mug and knowing it's known for its calming properties is enough for me to feel like it helps a little! I have it often in place of coffee now.

My tutor at college instilled in us to never undermine that feeling of feeling better where anything 'alternative' was concerned. She was right, if it makes you feel better then that's all that matters I need to look into magnesium actually, I had a spray but it made my legs itch so got rid of it :/

Quote Originally Posted by EJKM87 View Post
    My tutor at college instilled in us to never undermine that feeling of feeling better where anything 'alternative' was concerned. She was right, if it makes you feel better then that's all that matters I need to look into magnesium actually, I had a spray but it made my legs itch so got rid of it :/

That is a very good point!

Hmm. There could have been another ingredient in the spray that irritated your skin? The best way to test how your skin reacts to magnesium on its own could be to try a foot bath using just the magnesium salts with no added ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EJKM87 View Post
    I need to look into magnesium actually, I had a spray but it made my legs itch so got rid of it :/
    That might be the reaction from lacking levels of magnesium as it's known to sting when you spray on areas like that. Spray it on the feet (soles are best) and this doesn't tend to happen.

Magnesium supplementation has some grey areas we all need to understand otherwise we may dismiss it as useless without realising we are even dosing it properly. I've put some info in this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ight=magnesium

There is more info if you follow my links in that thread and from the thread that takes you to into some useful info from other forums.

I have magnesium spray. not doing any thing for me. Will look on the thread. Thanks Terry x

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I have magnesium spray. not doing any thing for me. Will look on the thread. Thanks Terry x
    I've been using that stuff for a while, Magic. The advice I found was that you had to be careful about the mg per sprays (or t/sp). Not all manufacturers show it and it can vary.

If it's not on the bottle though, you can often find out from a manufacturers site or other Googling.

It has to be Zechstein Sea though. If not, it's likely boiled off the lakes in the US and this has more impurities and is known not to be as good. The Zechstein Sea is an ancient sea bed with high mineral content and it's underground & piped up.

Now I know my mg per sprays, I know how much I'm applying. And the larger the area, the more the absorption.

It should say magnesium chloride too. Some are Epsom Salts, which isn't as strong, although this still has studies showing how the baths are beneficial in terms of magnesium.

Whilst mine hasn't helped my anxiety at all, I suspect I'm not getting enough still as I occasionally get stinging which shouldn't be happening if I had rebalanced it. It has helped my aches & pains though. My knees are much better, so is my right wrist and my back isn't as bad (sciatica). My hips aren't as bad but I still have problems.

Since topical magnesium will get used up by the sites it reaches first, with my aches & pains, who knows how much is left over that even attempts to help with the anxiety?

Thread Information