Thread: Propranolol

Propranolol

I am new to this but had been on Sertraline for about 2 years but found they were making me tired. I went to the docs who prescribed me with another antidepressant and weaned me off the Sertraline.

I decided (on my own) that I no longer wanted to be on tablets for the rest of my life and felt I could cope with life. That was a few months ago and last week, I started having anxiety/panic attacks again. I went to the docs and was prescribed with Propranolol. (I've had these once before but many years ago).

Didn't really want to take these but decided it would be better as I was experiencing palpitations, sweating etc. I've now been taking Propranolol for 2 days now (religiously) but am worried in case my heart stops beating, I get low blood pressure, I end up taking a heart attack (all of which is probably unlikely and just the anxiety playing with my mind) but have noticed that I am still getting chest pains and my pupils are dilated (don't know if this is a side effect).

Really just want someone to reassure me that Propranolol is ok to take?

Re: Propranolol

I’ve just started these on Saturday 40mg three times a day, I had an anxiety attack that night and was in hospital but apparently the tablets don’t kick in for a month,

Stace, I've been on propranolol for about 10 years and am still here at the grand old age of 52. Sometimes the body needs a little time to adjust to a new medication

Propranolol is COMPLETELY okay to take.

I'd suffered with panic attacks for 11-12 years and propranolol was the only thing that worked for me, I no longer get attacks and I no longer need to take the medication!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information