Thread: Hello everyone (stomach issue)

Hello everyone (stomach issue)

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is feeling happy and positive today ��

I’ve not really been on here much for the past 5 years because I’ve actually been alright health-wise, but I feel like I’ve gone backwards a bit which is frustrating. Ah well.

I’ve had a bit of an issue since about the 3rd of this month with my stomach..
    I didn’t really want to post anything just because I’ve been trying to not want constant reassurance that I’m not dying, but the problem is still here.

It started out of the blue with this pressure feeling right at the top of my abdomen (sort of just under my chest between the rib cage?) I think.. It’s like there’s something just sitting there constantly and just a bit of a full feeling? It’s quite frustrating because I can feel it probably 90% of the time, so it’s sometimes hard to keep my mind off it.
    I’ve been going in and out of bad anxiety throughout the days with just horrible morbid thoughts about something growing and just leaving it (thanks google), then later in the evening thinking rationally and being quite calm.

I went to the doctors on Monday and he felt my stomach and took my blood pressure and said everything is fine and that I’m too young to have anything seriously wrong with my stomach (I’m 28) and maybe it’s just anxiety mixed with indigestion (because I do get indigestion a lot and was getting it a lot around Christmas, but it always cleared after a few hours) so he gave me 20mg of omeperazole and a form about gad (I’ve never gone to the doctor about my general anxiety because I just hate being in the doctors and just talking to people in general ) and that was that.

I’m just wondering if anyone has experience this weird fullness sensation in the place I described that doesn’t really go? It’s just weird how it came out of no where when I wasn’t feeling that stressed or anxious during that period and now I’m a right anxious mess.

Thanks if anyone responds x
    Last edited by nightcat; 23-01-19 at 12:05.

Re: Hello everyone (stomach issue)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nightcat View Post
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone is feeling happy and positive today ��

I’ve not really been on here much for the past 5 years because I’ve actually been alright health-wise, but I feel like I’ve gone backwards a bit which is frustrating. Ah well.

I’ve had a bit of an issue since about the 3rd of this month with my stomach..
    I didn’t really want to post anything just because I’ve been trying to not want constant reassurance that I’m not dying, but the problem is still here.

It started out of the blue with this pressure feeling right at the top of my abdomen (sort of just under my chest between the rib cage?) I think.. It’s like there’s something just sitting there constantly and just a bit of a full feeling? It’s quite frustrating because I can feel it probably 90% of the time, so it’s sometimes hard to keep my mind off it.
    I’ve been going in and out of bad anxiety throughout the days with just horrible morbid thoughts about something growing and just leaving it (thanks google), then later in the evening thinking rationally and being quite calm.

I went to the doctors on Monday and he felt my stomach and took my blood pressure and said everything is fine and that I’m too young to have anything seriously wrong with my stomach (I’m 28) and maybe it’s just anxiety mixed with indigestion (because I do get indigestion a lot and was getting it a lot around Christmas, but it always cleared after a few hours) so he gave me 20mg of omeperazole and a form about gad (I’ve never gone to the doctor about my general anxiety because I just hate being in the doctors and just talking to people in general ) and that was that.

I’m just wondering if anyone has experience this weird fullness sensation in the place I described that doesn’t really go? It’s just weird how it came out of no where when I wasn’t feeling that stressed or anxious during that period and now I’m a right anxious mess.

Thanks if anyone responds x
    I'm somewhat having the same symptoms.

I'm 33.

At the moment, I have weird issues when I drink cold water or about to start to eat were I feel every muscle in my G.I track. If not, it occurs when I'm about to pass gas or a bowel movement. In addition, have a case of the burps, burning in the pit of my stomach, aches and pain that change spots of abdominal area...basically indigestion/IBS like symptoms.

I'm going through antidepressant withdrawals since I have other symptoms that corralate with it. (Tremors, chills, fatigue)

I suffer from healthy anxiety and thought, oh boy, this stomach cancer.

I went with my primary, she did a H. Plyori test and that came clear.

I had ultrasounds and a compete blood and urine panel at the ER, and that came clear also.

My primary and ER MDs said, its anxiety and just take tums.

The only tests I have left to do is endoscopy, though I highly doubt my primary will order it after clear H. Plyori test, and my symptoms are waning since they were intense in December.

Hi

Just to let you know I have exactly the same symptoms as you. Especially the strange fullness feeling- I also get constipated quite often so I normally put it down to that. Unfortunately if my HA is under control all it takes is one or two symptoms to start me off again.

Hope yours is improving
    Chantelle

Hello.

Thanks for responding - both of you!

I still unfortunately have the constant fullness sensation! It's been way over a month now. It's not fullness like I've just over eaten.. just like someone is pushing their fingers into the centre of my upper abdomen all the time I went back to the doctor a week after I posted this again, but just got the same too young to be anything serious response. I try and be positive and tell myself that he's the professional and he knows best, but my silly negative brain keeps doubting.
    I've tried twice more to get another appointment with another doctor for a second persons opinion, but my gp have had no appointment slots when I finally get through (after usually being on hold for 45 mins) and I work weird hours so it's difficult to find time to actually call first thing (tried last two times on my days off)

I'm trying to be positive in that it hasn't got any worse, but then it hasn't got any better either. It's just very frustrating that it's not going away and I feel a bit stuck honestly

Thread Information