Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit ocd an forum

Re: Quit ocd an forum

You seem to quit a lot of forums Phil - are you sure it isn't you that is in the wrong?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ive never made an account on there but I have read a few threads and I did find that people are far more understanding here

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You seem to quit a lot of forums Phil - are you sure it isn't you that is in the wrong?
    To be fair he did say a non anxiety based forum. Whilst it could be an unwillingness to accept what others say, as has been mentioned in his threads (perhaps an avoidance issue?), you know what regular forums can be like with name calling and vile members.

I am not a member of any other forums so don't know but my point was that Phil seems to leave a lot of forums, anxiety ones or not.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have quit another forum non anxiety based due to people trolling me and being rude as they don’t like my opinion on some stuff.

Anybody else had these issues and is it best to quit when people are making you feel worse?

Yes it’s absolutely a good idea to quit somewhere that makes you unhappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quit another forum today as a forum I go on shut down and some members moved to another forum and they were trolls.

It’s not ocd based instead a football forum but it concerns me I am allowed to relieve abuse and question my intelligence and also swear. I thought stuff like that was strict online and had to moderate bullying

Depends where you go, phil. I can imagine a footie forum being like down the match or the pub but perhaps without the consequences of getting smacked in the mouth?

If forums can exist for racism to be promoted or sexual abuse & violence against women, swearing and abuse can certainly.

How do you moderate the internet? If something happens to someone on your site then the law may have grounds to intervene if they are able to be classed as in your jurisdiction. Advertising is often self regulated but they won't touch people outside their home country so sellers just promote from abroad knowing it will be harder for them to do anything.

I belong to a football forum and it's a different world from here!

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

I'm very sorry you were verbally abused, Phil. I'm afraid it happens on these forums where moderation is "light". It shouldn't be tolerated though.

I have since quit this forum a second time due to being silenced on it and closing topics it would seem some people don’t want to read about your issues.

They were pushing CBT despite me paying for 8 sessions and it never worked well for me. I have read it’s not worked for other people too. I explained I can’t afford anymore CBT.

If you don't make an effort on there they will do this Phil. You have to be seen to making steps to overcoming your OCD.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information