Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ScRed I was poked by a needle

Re: ScRed I was poked by a needle

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
    There aren’t many needle encounters like mine Pa, and I searched.
    They're all equally irrational

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The phantom bat ones are probably just as applicable to be honest....

What about if your broaden it or remove the needle as the focus? For example, a homeless person hugged me, shook hand, someone with HIV did xyz, etc.

Beneath the object there is the same thinking and behaviours to tackle, which I expect you know anyway.

How long ago did this happen?

You say your wife doesn't think the mark is from a needle?

Is the mark still there? If so, and a lot of time has passed wouldn't that rule out a needle mark as they do not stay around for a long time, or maybe someone else here knows more about the duration of a needle mark on the skin?

1) HIV is very unlikely to transmit through needle stick.. especially through clothing. 0.01 or something... did you see a spot where the apparent needle had gone in? If not chances are even lower - no puncture

2) HPC - also rare to contract this way.. 1% ( these stats are like from doctors and nurses who legit get pricked

3) hep b - you were likely vaccinated for this.. this is the only one you would need to fear but ALSO unlikely because you probably weren't even pricked. ALSO : EVEN IF WORST CASE SCENARIO you somehow contracted hep b ( which is the only possible thing that COULD happen- but wouldn't) 95% of adults recover from this in 6 months.

IF you are really really worried go to your doctor and talk to them, they have been pricked many times I am sure of it.

I was pricked administering insulin and the needle was likely clean.. but I was even told that my chances were almost 0 for HIV/HCP. I was vaccinated against HEP B in grade 7 as most Canadians are so I am clean.

I understand the fear, but I don't think you have much ground to even think that you have actually been pricked.

Message me if you need to chat

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly13 View Post
    1) HIV is very unlikely to transmit through needle stick.. especially through clothing. 0.01 or something... did you see a spot where the apparent needle had gone in? If not chances are even lower - no puncture

2) HPC - also rare to contract this way.. 1% ( these stats are like from doctors and nurses who legit get pricked

3) hep b - you were likely vaccinated for this.. this is the only one you would need to fear but ALSO unlikely because you probably weren't even pricked. ALSO : EVEN IF WORST CASE SCENARIO you somehow contracted hep b ( which is the only possible thing that COULD happen- but wouldn't) 95% of adults recover from this in 6 months.

IF you are really really worried go to your doctor and talk to them, they have been pricked many times I am sure of it.

I was pricked administering insulin and the needle was likely clean.. but I was even told that my chances were almost 0 for HIV/HCP. I was vaccinated against HEP B in grade 7 as most Canadians are so I am clean.

I understand the fear, but I don't think you have much ground to even think that you have actually been pricked.

Message me if you need to chat

xx

PM sent Lilly

I’m starting to feel better. Dave has mentioned the needle mark and if it was still there, and it is after 9 days so this leads me to believe that it is something other than a needle poke. A slight needle poke wouldn’t have lasted this long in terms of not changing and still being visible right?

OCD and fear of germs and needle pokes

I know I have OCD, and I was walking through a crowd, and went by someone who looked like a junky and I came close to them, but didn't touch them because I do not like touching anyone that looks "dirty" and as I went by I thought I felt a slight poke in my outer left knee.

I turned around to look at this person to see if they poked me, but they didn't have anything in their hands except shopping bags.

I then went and looked at the place where I felt the slight poke, and there weren't any marks, but on the back of my knee was a red mark to which I immediately thought it was a needle poke, but I didn't feel the poke there.

Any way, to make a long story short, I am now worried I have HIV or Hep B from this even though a doctor told me not to worry about it.

I am married and would like to be intimate with my wife, but I am scared I will pass something along to her from this incident because my mind is telling me I got poked by a needle.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this, and if so, what is your advice to me?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information