Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I did it!

Re: I did it!

Hi kate, I hope you are having a good weekend. Yes the interview went well and I did my job at Martin Mere too.

Not good this unreality is it. Do you find that it leaves you quicker if you dont worry about it? Driving is of course a big concern when it comes to the unreality but so far I have managed and the unreality has not been "bad" enough to stop me. In fact I would say I am feeling more confident with the car as time goes by.

Wonderful to hear about your lunch in BHS and that your panic level was NIL. Thats great news kate.

How did you get on with your driving in the dark on Friday night. I bet you coped really well didnt you. I drove back in the dark from Yorkshire (70 miles) a couple of weeks ago! I am not used to driving in the dark, either!!

I hope that your son got a taxi home though. No joke, being out at that time of night with lots of drunken people around. I was out myself on Friday night - most unusual. I was at a surprise Ruby Wedding party!! So I had to drive back in the dark at 11pm too. The party went well by the way and I managed to stay there from 7.15pm till almost 11pm with no anxiety either. There were 80 people there too!

I feel a bit unreal now though so I am going to try and do as you do and NOT worry about it.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
    Shirley
    x x x

Hi Shirley,

Yes, I did the driving in the dark thingy, and it was fine Son got a taxi back at about 1.30am, he wasn't drunk apparantly!

The unreality really was my most scary symptom, lasted for years. Don't really know when it left to be honest but I do still have the odd day when it returns. I just don't worry about it anymore as I've experienced it for so many years!

Well done on going to the party, that's a big achievement

Look forward to speaking soon

Kate xxx

Well done Kate! I just wanted to say I think you are doing brilliantly

Karen xx

Awww thanks Karen

You are doing brilliantly too

Kate xxx

Hi Kate, Glad your drive in the dark was fine. I have had the unreality on and off, mild and severe, for almost a couple of years now. It is improving I think but yes, very frightening. Its just getting past the idea that something bad is going to happen as a result of it. Like when I walked to the far end of Martin Mere with it the other day!! I was feeling unreal but I just thought, "Stuff it" I am going to do this. Thing is the unreality has made me feel like I dont want to be far from my car or a loo or the house etc. But I am slowly coming round to the fact that nothing awful is going to happen and that I can venture a bit further away from the car or what have you. I will have to take a leaf out of your book and not worry about it anymore, after all, you are still here after suffering with it for so long and so am I.

Yes I did well going to the party didnt I. I had this inner feeling that I would be ok there. And I was. I just need to get hold of this inner feeling on a more regular basis no matter where I am going or what I am doing.

We will all get there Kate I am sure. It just takes time, doesnt it.

Back soon
    Love Shirley

The Queen song "Don't stop me now" springs to mind !!!!!
    Now you now you can ..................

Be kind to yourself

Thanks Neptuno

Welllll, another success tonight! Hannah had stage school and hubby and son at work again soooooo, me to do the taking and fetching.

Wind howling, rain lashing and me going and and and concentrating so hard on just driving.

Anyway, rain stopped I dropped Hannah off and carried on to Mom and Dad in laws house, which we always do on Tuesdays as it's closer to stage school than coming home.

I was telling MIL and DIL how panicky the driving in the dark/wind/rain was to me and MIL offered to follow me back in case I panicked. BUT I SAID NO I would cope.

Came out of theirs, wind was so strong could hardly open the car door. Finally managed to get in and drove off in wind and rain and dark to pick Hannah up.

Got there, picked her up, then had to drive back down roads with fields either side, lovely for totally picking up the full force of the wind. Straight past our house then to pick son up from work at 8pm. Back along our road and HOME, yes HOME, all safe and sound

Phewwwww!!!!

Kate

AWWWWWWWWWWWW glad you are home safe and sound, well done you!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Love Piglet

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information