Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood clot in bowel movement - WARNING: graphic detail

Blood clot in bowel movement - WARNING: graphic detail

WARNING: Graphic detail in this post.

Hi all

I am used to having a bit of blood occasionally when I have a bowel movement as I have internal and external piles but today when I went to the loo I noticed blood when I was wiping and I know it may sound a bit gross but then next time I wiped I looked at it and there were what I can only describe as clots on the toilet paper.

I don't want to gross people out but it was definitely not food - it was like a mucus/clot thing.

Please note I do not have Health Anxiety so I am not panicking or anything but I have read loads of posts on here about anal bleeding and I usually reply saying it is piles etc etc

Has anyone that has rectal bleeding noticed a clot of some sort though?

I have Crohn's disease and IBS as well but have never had these clot things before.

Just curious about it that is all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Blood clot in bowel movement - WARNING: graphic detail

If this is the first episode of this Nicola, you need to see your GP for investigations.
    Paula x

Yeah it is the first time Paula. I have been to the loo this morning and still blood but no clots this time. I will see how it goes over the next couple of days. Getting to see my doc is near on impossible, it will be at least a 3 week wait!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi yes i have had one of them clots but mine was on the outside of the poo i went to the docs and she said one of my enternal piles had popped and thats what caused this but u must check with your doc.

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Thanks Selphie. I have had them again today as well so guess I will need to see doc.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this Nic. You are very wise to get this checked out. I have bleeding most days from my rectrum but I know where it is coming from. I still have a tiny tear (fissure) and have had treatment from a dermatologist. Considering your history you should be able to make an emergency appointment. Sending hugs. EJ

Thanks EJ. I am used to the bleeding on and off but not the clot things. I am sure it is nothing but I guess I should ask the doctor the question.

Hi Nic
    I have had this with piles.I got them when pregnant and have ibs.
    The dr told me the clots were due to the internal piles kind of rupturing,splitting..painful isn't it.She also told me that if the blood is bright red as opposed to the darker colour it hasn't come from deep inside but the lining.Best to get it checked all the same,if only to clear it up and stop the discomfort.Hope your better soon xx

Thanks Saffy for the reply.

It is bright red and there seems to be loads of it but that is always the way isn't it lol?

Maybe I just need some cream or suppositories again to calm things down.

Best you get it checked out nic, could be absolutely nothing, but still best to have it checked.

di xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information