Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks pregnant please help!

Re: 5 weeks pregnant please help!

I have four children and bled in the first few months with three them. I contacted my GP who arranged an emergency scan for me. In fact when I was pregnant with my fourth I bled so much I thought I was having a period. I would speak to your GP as soon as you can. I did suffer one miscarriage and all I can say is I experienced severe stomach cramps. I hope it all turns out well for you.

I also bleed in pregnancy with both of my children until 20 weeks.

I would suggest you contact your Dr first thing tomorrow, if you can't go to A & E first thing to get seen in the early pregnancy unit for a scan tomorrow, unfortunately most EPU are closed over the weekend so try to get it done tomorrow.

Finger crossed everything is OK

Love Sam

I haven't experienced that type of situation for my two pregnancies. See an OB or a doctor immediately! Don't wait for your midwife to come because you'll never know what will happen to you and your baby. Hope everything will be fine. Also, pray, it works

Hi everyone,
    Thank you so much for all your replies. Thought I'd update you all. I went to the doctors and she didn't seem concerned. She said it could be due to an increase of blood flow to the cervix. I'm going for a scan tomorrow as a precaution to double check everything is ok but touch wood I pinky discharge has stopped at the moment

Thanks again everyone

Helen

Pleased to know things have settled down. let us know the news of you scan tomorrow

Hope everything goes ok with the scan

hi cocohac, its normal with some ladies who are pregnant to have a slight loss up until about 3-4 months of pregnancy, as i did with all mine and i have 5 kids, when i had a miscarrage a few years ago the loss started off as a choc brown colour and lasted for about 3 weeks continous until the complete loss happened, from what your describing is just minor break through bleed your midwife should reassure you hun take care

Hi everyone,

I went for my scan today and I wish I hadn't. They could only see a gestation sac that measured around 5 weeks old. I have to have 2 set of blood tests to see if I am pregnant and to see if its growing in the right place. I worked it out that I might of conceived 4 weeks 4 days ago but 6 weeks from my last period. I've been googling blighted ovum and I've started to really panic myself. Has anyone else experienced this? Xx

Hello
    When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the same thing. I had some bleeding and went for an early scan, they could only see the sac and I was told to go back 10 days later as it was too early to tell (this was also around 6 weeks). When I went back there was a little flutter of a heart beat on the screen and I now have a beautiful 6 year old. I really hope everything works out ok for you sending hugs cos I know what you are going through x

Quote Originally Posted by happydylbob View Post
    Hello
    When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the same thing. I had some bleeding and went for an early scan, they could only see the sac and I was told to go back 10 days later as it was too early to tell (this was also around 6 weeks). When I went back there was a little flutter of a heart beat on the screen and I now have a beautiful 6 year old. I really hope everything works out ok for you sending hugs cos I know what you are going through x
    Hello, thanks for this message. It has reassured me a bit. Went I work it out the earliest I could of conceived was 4 weeks ago so it would be too ealry to detect anything I guess.
    What panicked me was that the baby site all say the baby should be a size of a poppy seed by week 6 so that worried me.
    I told my midwife over the phone as I haven't seen her yet and she just said ' oh well you well have to wait for your blood test results' I was hoping she would reassure me a bit. I know I'm not alone as I have family and my husband for support and u guys to chat too but some times I feel on my own when it comes to talking to people who are medically trained
    Thanks again for you kind words
    Helen x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information