Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White stuff floating on top of urine :(

White stuff floating on top of urine :(

Anyone have similar experience would be helpful. This has been driving me out of my mind. I have been noticing white particles floating on top of my pee, At first I thought it was really small bubbles (foam) but they seem to actually be fibrey type white partciles - sometimes there is more so they are noticeable the moment I turn around, other times maybe one or two. I am freaking out.

The day before I had symptoms of a UTI but I don't think it is because it went away within a day. I don't have the sense of an irritated bladder anymore and I don't need to go every hour, now it's once every 3 or 4 hours yesterday which is kind of normal? I am hydrated so my urine is clear or pale yellow, just this white particles / fibrey bits floating on top of my pee sometimes is driving me out of my mind and I can't do anything but think about it. I know I have ocd type issues with my health anxiety and I even dropped some vinegar into the bowl as I heard that if it is normal phosphates it would dissolve, but it didn't dissolve, so now I'm freaking out a bit more.

Anyone has anything like this in you wee and if so what is it?!? Living like this really sucks.

Re: White stuff floating on top of urine :(

I had this some time ago just before having symptoms of UTI. I went to the doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about and that it was the bladder having a 'clear out' this was 3 months ago and all is fine now. If it carries on its probably worth getting it checked out. I only noticed it the once but it really freaked me out because I'd never noticed it before. Take care.

Thrush!

I went through a period of recurrent UTIs and starting taking more notice of my urine. I noticed this alot - does it sometimes look like little bits of tissue paper or something? It is the discharge you get with thrush. It gets carried along with the urine and looks like little white fibres. I get 'symptomless' thrush a lot. I just get a bit of white discharge and if I check down there I can feel a bit of swelling. It also gives me the sensation of a UTI - frequent feeling like I need the toilet and a bit of a tingly sensation in the urethra. It'll go away on its own so there's no point spending money on treatment if you haven't got symptoms, but if it does start bothering you, some Canesten will clear it up

Thanks girls. I notice it everyday for the last couple of days not just one time like you emerald girl. Though like I said I did think i had a UTI or something the day before with the bladder sensitivity and needing to pee all the time. that's gone now though just this stuff ... argh

I'm not sure it is thrush though come to think of it I did have a very little bit of itching last week that lasted maybe a couple of minutes but not anymore. I looked though and there was nothing. This white floatey things was after the itching and it looks like small fibery bits sometimes connected together to form a layer on top of toilet water (not the whole toilet but like in clumps) and sometimes separate. Other times it does look like a little bit of small tissue.

And I tried wiping before weeing but it still happens. Does this still sound like it might be thrush? I am so scared.
    Last edited by dee_gril; 26-01-14 at 23:52.

Not to get too personal but sometimes it's just normal discharge from the vagina getting mixed in. I've had this too especially if you are ovulating.

Quote Originally Posted by dee_gril View Post
    Thanks girls. I notice it everyday for the last couple of days not just one time like you emerald girl.

I'm not sure it is thrush though come to think of it I did have a very little bit of itching last week that lasted maybe a couple of minutes but not anymore. I looked though and there was nothing. This white floatey things was after the itching and it looks like small fibery bits sometimes connected together to form a layer on top of toilet water (not the whole toilet but like in clumps) and sometimes separate. Other times it does look like a little bit of small tissue.

And I tried wiping before weeing but it still happens. Does this still sound like it might be thrush? I am so scared.[COLOR="blue"]
    Either thrush or a UTI, yeah, as I notice Emerald Girl's doctor also said UTI can cause this.

Please try not to worry I know it's hard if you're in a state of panic, but I had those floaty things on my urine for months on end when I was having a really bad time with my bladder. I Googled the hell out of it to try and work out what I could do to stop it (at first I thought the skin on the inside of my bladder might be shedding from the infection!) and I found hundreds of threads about this with the vast majority of people saying it was discharge. If the floaty bits are all that's happening right now and you don't have other symptoms then there's really no cause for alarm. If you're sore/itchy etc, ask for sample pot at your docs and fill with urine to show your doctor. He/she will do a dip test for a UTI and give you antibiotics if necessary. Mention floaty bits if you're still worried and I'm sure they'll be able to explain the most likely cause

Thanks for all the support - my partner is going insane with my health anxiety so I try not to talk about it at all. It's hard to pretend to be normal when you are going absolutely bonkers. I mean I am too embarassed to talk to my partner about you know wee and other stuff like that.

I hope you are right and that it is discharge or that it can be normal - though I've been trying to wipe before I go and it still happens. I will try not to panic and not to think so much about it this white floating clumps or fibers or particles or whatever the hell they are , but when i'm in this state it's really hard and it's all I think about.

I just keep thinking it might be something really bad.

Just an update: I went to the GP and she tested me for a UTI (sent away to lab) and prescribed me some antibiotics just in case.

That night, I felt pain in my bladder and in my back and needed to go to the toilet a lot - the weird thing was there was always a lot of pee, not a trickle as with a UTI. So the next day I started on the antibiotics and by Day 2 I am feeling a lot better with regards to my UTI symptoms.

I just got my results today and it was NEGATIVE for a UTI? I am so confused so what's happening? Today is my last day on the antibiotics so hopefully it won't come back but the panicky self I am won't let it go thinking what can be causing UTI symptoms but negative for UTI - and why am I voiding large amounts of urine instead of a trickle?

Help?!

I sent you a private message.

Did you ever find out what was going on?

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Dee_ gril did you ever find out what was causing this issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information