Thread: Pain in stomach every time I swallow.

Pain in stomach every time I swallow.

Hey all, new to the site. So I've had anxiety problems for the last year or so in various forms, including, chronic tickly/sore throat, hypochondria, panic attacks, constant waves of adrenaline, pharmacophobia, constant flushed red hot face etc

Anyway, over the last few weeks I have developed abdominal problems. For about a week I had a constant stitch like feeling just under my ribs on the right side but one day I woke up and it had gone (although I do still get the occasional twinge). However, I had developed a new type of pain overnight as well. Now as soon as I swallow any type of food I get an immediate pain in my upper left abdomen, about 3 inches diagonally above my belly button just under the ribs, and it is always in the same exact spot. I then get an urge to belch and doing so relieves the pain. This carries on for every mouthful and happens somewhat regularly between meals too.

I had a meal containing egg last night and it was the worst its been so far, where I felt like I was belching up food/liquid and couldnt swallow it back down and so was stuck in my throat. I was thinking GERD but I don't get heartburn or strange taste in my mouth so im confused. I've had this for about a week now.

Does anyone else get this? Is this just bloating or is it something more? If it was just bloating would I have pain in only one very small spot? I've never had anything like this before and couldn't find anything on the internet that is the same. The fact that it developed overnight has me worried. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pain in stomach every time I swallow.

Yes, it is possible to get pain below the left rib cage from just bloating. Such pain can arise from the stomach or from the colon.
    http://www.ehealthstar.com/stomach-p...ter-eating.php

The fact that you are able to get rid of pain further speaks for bloating as the cause of pain.

In stomach ulcer you would likely have more and longer lasting pain between meals and at night.

I can't exclude anything, though, so if you find something unusual, like blood in the stool or black stools, visit a doctor.

Thread Information