Thread: Is a fish oil pill stuck?!

Is a fish oil pill stuck?!

Lately I've had troubles with swallowing and choking which I know is a symptom of anxiety but I'm having a pretty decent freakout right now! I took a fish oil pill which are HUGE and I hadn't taken one in a while. Well it went in my throat horizontally and now it feels like it's stuck. So now I'm pacing around, hyperventilating and drinking water and milk to make the feeling go away but it won't. Im afraid the pill is stuck in my esophagus or worse my windpipe! Could it just be a sensation since the pill was so big and it's long gone in my stomach? My throat feels swollen at the front.

Tell me I'm crazy.

Re: Is a fish oil pill stuck?!

Sometimes pills can go down wrong and it can just leave the sensation, even if it was stuck it might dissolve in your throat how is it feeling now?

Thank you well shortly after my sister dragged me out all over town for the day lol so didn't think about it. My anxiety did kick in as I kept focusing on my breathing a lot. But we went out to eat and such so pretty sure that pill wouldn't be stuck. My throat still feels really tight but it's been that way for weeks.

I agree with Lukas. It's happened to me many a time with larger pills or powdered ones.

It rubs on the way down and it's a bit tender for a while. Anxiety latches on because of the choking worry but if we really were choking, we would know it as it a serious and immediate need for treatment.

I hate when you get the pill that goes down sideways or feels like it gets stuck. Hopefully it never happens again, but if it does, next time drink something warm. If the pill is stuck it dissolves it quicker. If it is not stuck, the warm drink soothes the throat.

Thread Information