Thread: Sudden onset, not all the time throat feels restricted, gets worse as day goes on

Sudden onset, not all the time throat feels restricted, gets worse as day goes on

2 weeks back I had an infection in one tonsil and sore throat, saw my GP who said it was nasty and that my glands were up in my neck, gave me antibios as I had been getting over a chest infection.
    At that same time I had this off feeling around the area of my adman’s apple, like it was being partly closed off, a sort of swallowing feeling despite not swallowing if that makes sense?

It was put down to the infection and while that has gone this sensation has not.
    I am very scared to be honest.

Feels like something stuck there, like if you don't chew bread properly and swallow it. I can eat and drink, drinking water it feels like it takes time to finish going down. Almost like you have a lot of phlegm in your throat and should clear it.

I have suffered with nasal drip for 10s of years and always have to clear my throat out every morning.

Please help?

Re: Sudden onset, not all the time throat feels restricted, gets worse as day goes on

Maybe ask your doctor about a regular allergy medication. Both my wife and I suffer from allergies and take an OTC antihistamine remedy daily.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Sudden onset, not all the time throat feels restricted, gets worse as day goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Maybe ask your doctor about a regular allergy medication. Both my wife and I suffer from allergies and take an OTC antihistamine remedy daily.

Positive thoughts
    Many thanks, I could try taking a Claritin right now, good idea!

Thread Information