This all started with Strep Throat. After the illness I still had an odd feeling in my throat. I was referred to an ENT. The ENT scoped my nose and throat and said everything looked fine. Then he addressed my other concerns. I had a problem with my left ear for a year, he said I may need a tube put in. He had me try some sprays first. 6 weeks. They didn't help much so he put the tube in.

This is where it starts. My ear was painful for a good week. After that it died down a bit but my throat felt odd. Like the tube in my ear was radiating a feeling downward. So I began feeling it. This lead me to feel a bump on that side. I freaked out. Started Googling like crazy. After a bit of feeling and Googling I noticed it was a bone. The same thing was on the opposite side. I had a bit of relief. That tube still felt odd though. So I kept feeling it. Trying to make sure it was the hyoid bone. Something I noticed is it seems to stick out more on my left side. It's also tender to touch. If I leave it be I don't really notice anything besides that odd feeling from my ear to my throat. No swallowing problems or anything. Just sticking out a bit and tender.

Now I'm freaking out. What if it's cancer? What if there is a tumor on my hyoid bone? That's why it's out more on that side and tender. I could go back to the ENT but I don't want to seem crazy, plus that takes time out of my work day. I've been to the doctor so much I'm tired of it. I'm not sure what to do. I can't stop feeling my neck. I do it all day, even at work. I want to know what it is. Could it all be in my head? Is it only sore because I keep touching it? What if not, it is tender. Why is it sticking out more? Is it even the hood bone? Idk. I'm just lost.