Page 32 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

32 pages and back to square #1. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this cycle of HA and I saw it coming from miles away.

These are just words on a screen. It's up to you to get the help you need. This subject is exhausted and will continue to go around in circles unless you seek real life help.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, I'll get the results from the doctor this week too hopefully. I really hope they're the same. Will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I strongly disagree. No matter how accurate Jenny's DIY test has been these tests are best left to trained medics. You can see how her mind is working now-the down side of DIY testing and more food for HA.
    I was being a bit sarcastic. I know Jenny has done a NHS test as well which will undoubtedly be negative also..

Jenny, I remember a few days ago when you said if you got a negative hpv test that you'd be fine and I said that you would still worry. Well, there you go. Negative smear test, more worrying.

As we've said before Jenny, it's anxiety that you need help with.

You do realise most private tests go to a similar lab anyway, so why would it be different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poppy77 View Post
    Jenny, I think if anyone can do a proper self administered smear test, it's you and your tools! You have probably more experience looking at your cervix than an actual gynaecologist! So, yes, the test would have been accurate.
    This! (I burst into laughter) I'm so happy for your results!

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Also Jenny, now it's honestly the time you get some help. I'm a living proof of how far it could go, I've been in a mental hospital for 4 weeks now because of HA.

Fishmanpa you are amazing <3 you helped me and many others here, thank you! You say it as it is, no sugar-coating.

I think you should get rid of your "tools" asap. They just aid and abet your HA not to mention being a health hazard.

Thanks everyone, I am encouraged by these results, but don't want to get my hopes up until the doctor's results come back negative too.

Home and doctor samples are tested by the same labs, and both are pretty accurate I think, but I believe the methods of collection are slightly different. With the home test you have to air dry the sample and then of course it is in transit for at least a day. I think (but not sure) that the doctor samples go into some sort of preservative. Don't know for sure though.

I know I keep changing the goalposts about what will satisfy me! Typical, I suppose. I just don't want to get my hopes up like I've done before and then be disappointed! So let's just wait on the doctor results. If they're negative too I'll be confident that I'm HPV negative.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks everyone, I am encouraged by these results, but don't want to get my hopes up until the doctor's results come back negative too.

Home and doctor samples are tested by the same labs, and both are pretty accurate I think, but I believe the methods of collection are slightly different. With the home test you have to air dry the sample and then of course it is in transit for at least a day. I think (but not sure) that the doctor samples go into some sort of preservative. Don't know for sure though.

I know I keep changing the goalposts about what will satisfy me! Typical, I suppose. I just don't want to get my hopes up like I've done before and then be disappointed! So let's just wait on the doctor results. If they're negative too I'll be confident that I'm HPV negative.
    Then will you promise to get help for HA and other stuff?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you should get rid of your "tools" asap. They just aid and abet your HA not to mention being a health hazard.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Tinttu View Post
    Then will you promise to get help for HA and other stuff?
    I don't want to make a promise in case I don't keep it! But yes I'd certainly be more inclined to go back to therapy, and I know that's what I should probably do. Unless a negative result from the doctor cures me of course.

I'm also going to try not to self examine! I have managed to cut down on that a bit. Progress.

Page 32 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread Information