Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: acid reflux and effexor?

Re: Bad Acid reflux??

thank you both for the advice! Yes, i will try to eliminate all acidic foods. Ughh.. we'll see what happens. thank you both.

Re: acid reflux and effexor?

I had it on the 75 for a few weeks and also when I increased to 150 for a couple of weeks x

Good to know, Thanks. I will try to keep going.

It's been 2 1/2 weeks and still have acid reflux. It happens after I swallow my venlafaxine pill. I usually eat with it. I wonder if should eat before and then swallow the pill. Any tips? I'm worried that the reflux won't go away. I hate to keep taking TUMS. The pharmacist suggested Pepcid AC to control the reflux for a few weeks.

Re: Bad Acid reflux??

So I'm still suffering with bad acid reflux. The doctor said I could take Pepcid ac. I am literally burping all day long (burping up an acidic taste- it's horrible). Coffee triggered the burping this morning, then I was rushing around trying to get ready and then came the acid reflux. My doctor switched my Effexor from capsules to tablets to see if that helps. She thought it might be worth a shot. If this doesn't go away, and I am going to have to switch meds again. So not fair- I finally found a med that helps a bit, and now this.

So i'm still having burping and acid reflux. My doctor switched me from capsules to tablets to see if that helps at all. Right now I am taking an acid reducer. I don't want to take the acid reducer forever, so I sure hope my stomach acid settles and I can move on. Feeling down about this right now.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: acid reflux and effexor? Replies needed

I just upped my dose again. I have had acid reflux for 5 weeks straight and amhavr been taking an acid reducer for a few days now. It helps a lot but I can’t take it forever, right? Can anyone share stories of acid reflux with their meds. I’m started to worry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information