Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Male breast cancer fear

You guys ever had a nipple infection?

The doc said it’s odd but can happen, no idea how I would have got it but it’s pretty much just the nipple tip that’s red and sore as hell! Feels like chafing but I can’t remember it getting chafed

Re: You guys ever had a nipple infection?

So it didn’t respond to the oral antibiotics so now have some antibiotic cream to try and if that doesn’t work I’ll go up to the breast clinic for them to take a look.

I guess on the positive side the doc couldn’t feel any lumps

So Male breast cancer fear

I did post this in the males forum but think I feel a tad better putting here in case anyone would like to comment.

Recently I got a sore nipple on the right, I’m not sure if it was after a work out. It didn’t go after a week so the nurse practitioner gave me antibiotics but it didn’t clear up so a few days back I saw my GP and said she wasn’t worried so come back in a couple weeks and was given antibiotic cream. Then I get freaked out as I see a red rash thing on my breast so saw another Gp who said it wasn’t worrying, looks like local irritation.

I stupidly googled a rare type of breast cancer and convinced myself the docs aren’t taking me seriously. Touch wood I’ve had no other symptoms apart from a little soreness in my peck area.

Re: So Male breast cancer fear

What could we say that the medical professionals haven't? You Googled and now you're suffering the consequences

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is true. Think I needed to verbalise it rather than keep in locked in!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So i ended up seeing another GP(3rd), she was amazing. Took one look at the sore and said "thats a tiny sore, i can tell you now that what your worried about doesnt start like that - let me tell you. You do. not. have BC".. No lumps, rashes, flakeyness or anything else. Just a chaffing type sore.

She noted to my usually GP that she needs to refer me to CBT when i go back soon.

I will however update this after my scheduled revisit in a couple weeks so any other guys search might get some peace of mind.

Hiyer Wubu,

Glad you've had some strongly worded reassurance from a caring GP!

Yeah she was awesome, so nice. It has started to discharge but still gotta wait until the 1/11

So a quick follow up with the GP before a scan. GP couldn’t really say much apart from the skin feels rough (I’m sure this is normal for me) and a bit more concern for BC. Since found out that relatives had BC so obviously the anxiety rocketed - I guess the definitive answer will be next week. We shall see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information