Thread: Does anyone get pure white streaks/spots in their BMs?

Does anyone get pure white streaks/spots in their BMs?

Sorry tmi...but I was going #2 (normal color and consistency) and noticed that ...for lack of a better word, a fissure that was in my BM seemed to have this stark white paint looking stuff in it. I mean, it looked like white paint..it wasn't kinda white, or whitish..it was solid white. It was just a small area inside a fissure but it really concerned me only cause i can't figure what that even is. I am paranoid of parasites but this wasn't pieces or strings..it literally looked like someone dipped a tiny paint brush in white paint, and painted a little on top of it. Also, parasites arent even this white. They are slightly off white... this was stark white. I think you get the idea. I didn't eat paint or anything lol. My BM itself is not gray or white..it is regular brown. Anyone else get this anomaly? Stark white areas on top of BM???

Re: Does anyone get pure white streaks/spots in their BMs?

Sarahnadine

White streaks on motions can be mucus - this is nothing to worry about, we all produce mucus in our bowel. It's a natural lubricant to move stool along. Have you been constipated lately? This could cause an increase in mucus.

It can also be caused by IBS.

As for it being parasites, usually when they're passed you can see them wiggling. I apologise if this is TMI for some people, but we're all vulnerable: when I was a child I had threadworms. I remember passing a bowel movement and the worms were visibly wiggling on the surface of the stool.

Symptoms that accompany threadworms may include an itchy anus and sometiems you can see the worms wiggling around outside the anus at night time. But I really doubt you have these!

I really do not see any reason for you to panic about this. You can see your GP if you're concerned, but this just sounds like mucus to me.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

One word. Mucus.

Thank you for the immediate replies. I appreciate it a lot. I was curious if it was mucous too, but was questioning that too cause I have never seen mucous be so stark white before. I thought mucous was (sorry tmi) usually gelatinous and semi transparentish (?) And yeah, I agree on it not being parasites. It didn't wiggle. Was just like a solid white paint streak looking anomalie.

Mucus can be yellow, white, translucent etc. It can be thick or like strings. Honestly I'm sure this is nothing

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    Thank you for the immediate replies. I appreciate it a lot. I was curious if it was mucous too, but was questioning that too cause I have never seen mucous be so stark white before. I thought mucous was (sorry tmi) usually gelatinous and semi transparentish (?) And yeah, I agree on it not being parasites. It didn't wiggle. Was just like a solid white paint streak looking anomalie.
    This can also happen if you have been eating lots of cashew nuts.

Thread Information