Thread: New to the forums

New to the forums

Hey there

My names Gav, I'm from Washington in Sunderland.

I've been having a really tough year, following my diagnosis of bipolar last summer. I ended up losing my job as the symptoms were affecting my behaviour at work.

I've since found another job working part time in retail, but just before Christmas my long term partner and I split up.

Life has just been really hard since then. I'm 30 now and my friends have moved on, or have partners of their own and are getting on with their own lives. I find it really difficult to make friends and don't have many people to talk to outside of work.

I suppose I've joined up to speak to people who have had similar problems and to see how they've overcome these.

Some things I like are; stand up comedy, TV panel shows, medical dramas, pc gaming, restaurants. I've recently joined the local gym to see about going to classes, but the last one I went to I ended up getting unwell as I wasn't fit enough to keep up with everyone else.

I think the biggest thing I have to face is that since I became single, I've just had so much time in my life to fill - I used to be completely devoted to my ex and a lot of my time was spent trying to be there for him and being a bit of a house wife.

Things just changed so quickly and I'm finding it terribly hard to adjust.

I do try to remain up-beat, and the guys at work like me but taking that next step to making friends and going out having fun seems almost impossible.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya GavinE2019 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New to the forums

Hello & welcome. Looking forward to seeing you round the forum. Sorry that you’ve had a difficult time of it lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information