Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxine's cbt progress.

Hiya all,
    Well a wee update for you on the CBT, it's going really well, i'm suprised to be honest how much i am enjoying it.

I've been set my first tasks this week they are as follows....

Breathing properly i.e through the nose, in 2-3-4 out 2-3-4.
    I've to practise that daily for 5 mins.

Relaxation tape,continue doing the tense and release tape daily.

And last but not least....... i've to stand at the open front door for 5 mins a day no matter how anxious i'm feeling.(so thats going to be interesting).

All in all i'm enjoying the cbt and this week it really gets going.

Fingers crossed for me please!

Take care
    Maxine

good luck you can do it! keep us posted

fan x

Max

Great news - hope you are well.

Stick at it ok - you are doing great!

x

Nicola

Hi Max

I'm glad you are enjoying it and it is going well.

You're doing great. Keep at it!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Max
    We've spoken a few times in chat and I think it is great that you are prepared to share your CBT experience with everyone.

I recognise the breathing exercises. Amazing how relaxing they actually are.

best wishes

no one ever died wishing they had spent more time at work

I'm glad that it's going well for you Max

Help.... crisis occuring here.

I've been doing my cbt tasks and i was okish with standing at the open door so i decided i could go a bit further, i was feeling all cocky![8D]

Anyway i took a wee walk up my street and i was alrightish(apart from the very wobbly legs and the overwellming urge to leg it back home) when i was accosted by my bleeding neighbour who just happens to be a neighbour from hell and she decided she was in a good mood and wanted to talk to me, so i against my better judgement and being the poilite person that i am ,did't want to tell her to bugger off (she does't know about my phobia) had to stand there like an idiot trying despertly hard to keep myself together while she prattled on about her herion addict son, it was hell and after about 5 mins i could't control my panic any more and because i could't think of any decent excuse apart from (wait for it you'r going to laugh your self silly)I told her i was in ill with food poisoning and i needed to go to the toilet right now and i was sorry but needed to go and then i ran off and go home as quick as possible.

Now if it's not bad enough that my cow of a neighbour thinks i have a very loose bowels, and am also impolite, but the reason for my mini crisis is that i'm wondering if im going to be ok going out as long as no one talks to me, which kind of defeats the purpose of my whole getting myself together stuff.
    I'm so annoyed with myself that i let that stupid women see me in a state.
    HELP... sorry to ramble on, i just had a rubbish time and i'm in need of some reassurance.

P.s please excuse the terrible spelling, blame my loose bowels..[xx(]
    Maxine

your post amused me anyway............dont worry about how it turned out focus on what you did, you pushed the limits and got further than you thought you would so next time it will get easier you can tell yourself "i did this once i can do it again"...........good luck and keep going

fan x

Maxine,

Don't worry what she said or thought of you ~ just think of yourself at the moment.

Perhaps your neighbour was just being kind ~ teaching you not to be too cocky when you open your front door!

Seriously, you will do great, and I think we are all guilty of being over keen sometimes. Its difficult to get the balance right.

Onwards and upwards......

Ray

Hi Max

Don't worry about it, you done well. Sometimes we try our best only to be confronted by situations that make us feel like we aren't doing very well at all. It's an illusion, you're doing great! Don't let it get to you. If you feel a little knocked back by it all, then just go back to standing at your door for 5 mins, small steps. But if you feel up to it, try your walk again tomorrow, just remember to be positive about it whatever you do - and I know you can do that.

Good luck

mico

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information