Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I found a cure....you can get it too...

I found a cure....you can get it too...

Anxiety can be cured!! I wanted to share my steps as to how I overcame anxiety and if you have questions please feel free to post them.

It was very simple..

Rest
    Nutrition
    Acceptance

One day I just stopped, I just stopped rushing from one thing to another, with tense shoulders, racing thoughts, fear of blacking out, fear of being hurt, fear, fear fear....and I realized it hasn't hurt me for 4 months why would it hurt me today. And with that thought, I allowed the rushes, I allowed my body to scream at me telling me the end was near. The dizziness, the tension, the unsteadiness, the lack of concentration, the fatigue. I allowed it to do what it had to do. I accepted it was there, but then I did what I had to do. Walk to work, go grocery shopping, read a book.

Yes sometimes it was hard, sometimes I was just tired and wanted to rest, so I did. But I didn't rest as an excuse for the anxiety, I rested because my body just needed to digest the mistake it had made, reinforce the calm I COULD CONTROL!!, and then in an hour or the next day I would go back to my life.

I'm not 100% maybe 75%, but I know I have been cured and I know I will be 100% because I understand now that it just takes time, maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months. But, the feelings don't bother me, if I feel pressure and dizziness instead of racing to get home or somewhere safe, I just slow down, I let it come and then I let it pass, maybe its still there when I let it pass...but I just keep walking. I never have fallen from it, i've never gone blind from it, i've never passed out from it. It can hurt, it can be painful, but with rest (maybe even a few days/weeks) it will pass. It won't be so bad. When i've learned to accept it, it's learned to go away. My body says yes you're muscles are tense, but WE CAN STILL FUNCTION, so we will lower the pain and allow you to keep doing what you are doing.

Sleeping, I couldn't sleep a full night, I would wake up with the weirdest thoughts, have the weirdest dreams, scary thoughts of what I might/could do. But one day, I just allowed them to happen and focused on things I enjoyed. Maybe a hobby, maybe a story, anything that just kept my focus, made me feel good, and put me to sleep. I now sleep full nights 8-10 hours. No problem. Waking up still sometimes feels weird, sometimes there is still anxiety there, but I let it happen. I get up, get in the shower, I don't stress out or worry about what I need to do today. It will get done, if it doesn't, maybe I will do it tomorrow or maybe it just wasn't important.

The truth is I did this without pills, I did do this with a Psych, but they brought reassurnace, not a cure. The cure was within me not giving in, but giving up. Giving up thinking anxiously, and giving up reacting to the feelings of anxiety.

Good luck, you can do it, but you have to let go.

Re: I found a cure....you can get it too...

hi I really like the sound of what you did i am trying to do something simliar myself at the moment like you said its hard at first to fight it,or rather to fight not fearing if that makes sense, but i am really going to keep trying, thanks for great post

Take care

Emma

franklin thanks for that great post and I am so pleased you are doing so well.

You are absolutely right the only cure is to ignore and let those feelings float right through you and carry on. I have been doing this for a few months now and my life is improving and the anxiety is far less. It isn't easy to do but I agree if you stay strong and determined you can do it.

Well done

Carol

I agree.The only way to beat it is to accept it even tell it to do its worst as if you care! It is difficult but it is the only way.If and when the dreaded panic attack happens what is it anyway.it's all over in minutes and how relaxed do you feel afterwards when all that tension has dispersed.
    All the best
    John

thats what i'm trying to do at the moment but i still find i darent push myself that final bit. im scared of what will happen?

glad its working for you, i think youre so brave x

BRAVO.

What's important to remember is that you are doing it to yourself!!! Anxiety is due to the decisions you make, you have the power to both stop and start them. It will take time, but I encourage anyone who has been diagnosed with anxiety that when they have their next high level of anxiety or panic find some place "safe", put in a relaxation tape, and just truly accept the feelings and try to relax. You'll be amazed in 30-60 minutes how you feel, maybe tired maybe have "anxiety hangover"...but you will feel better. If you accepted and tried to relax.

im too trying to except it i have stopped my meds and going back to work monday since stopping my meds i have had up to 5 panic attacks a day but like you say i keep telling myself they wont hurt me im not going to die im not going to faint or go insane i really hope this works for me but no its going to be hard i wish you all the luck with getting over your anx and hope i have the strenth to will myself on without taking my meds

Burberry.... you're on the right step!! you're doing the right things keep it up...stressful events in life will bring on panic attacks more easily for us than others...the important thing to do though is to rest when you can and find things you enjoy. Keeping occupied and allowing our body to digest the anxiety, while reinforcing positive behaviors will help.

Hi,

Congrats. Even I am trying the same practice. may be it will help. In short you should accept your anxiety.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information