View Poll Results: Cany you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck??

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

399 87.69%
  • No

56 12.31%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

Re: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

I have received the ultrasound referral letter for my son this morning, and when i googled the radiology unit i found its for cancer patients or who are concerned to have cancer. I am so worry now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No radiology doesn't automatically mean cancer - that's oncology. Radiology is to do with x-rays and that can be anything from an ultrasound to a MRI scan so don't worry too much.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Dear all ,
    from 1st of may i am suffering from sore throat, i been two DR twise doctor said there is nothing to worry but still not recover and again i went to DR 22 may 2017, Dr says there are nothing to worry, check my neck there are small glands but he said its normal, I am very tired of this if any one facing the similar problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFish View Post
    No radiology doesn't automatically mean cancer - that's oncology. Radiology is to do with x-rays and that can be anything from an ultrasound to a MRI scan so don't worry too much.

Yes that what i know but i mean the radiology department who sent the letter are in a wing for cancer patients, not the radiology department in the outpatient centre which i went to in the past. That what made me worried.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by balu1980 View Post
    Dear all ,

from 1st of may i am suffering from sore throat, i been two DR twise doctor said there is nothing to worry but still not recover and again i went to DR 22 may 2017, Dr says there are nothing to worry, check my neck there are small glands but he said its normal, I am very tired of this if any one facing the similar problem?

Yes i think its normal to have swollen glands with sore throat and they can stay there for long time. Do not worry x

Bumping for my fellow lymph node worriers..this thread has helped me a lot!

I have two on the side of my throat almost of the same side that iv been going nuts about for the last few weeks thinking it just has yo be cancer. The on my left is like 1cm and a bit more attched under neath it, its not poking out of my skin or anything but can be felt and mabye changes in size when I play with it a lot bit I can't be sure. And a much smaller one on the other side of that I just found the other day so of cores I'm scared what ever I have is spreading...I went to the er after having trouble swolling and was told is was tonsillitis and was put on meds which hasn't help and now I have this new one so I'm pretty scared. I'm glad other ppl seem to deal with this kinda HA and it turns out to be nothing. I'm going to a ent on the 11th so I hope to put this all behind me soon..

Thank you

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fma11122345; 31-08-17 at 18:03.

i have no idea what to feel for...but i'm sure once i feel it, i will google and start obssessing over it...i don't want to do it!

Love this thread ! I have the whole node HA and seeing how many feel nodes helped a lot !

Yes, I can feel mine. And you can feel them in your armpit and groin too.

I currently have a virus so the left one in my neck is huge right now. Just means it's doing it's job I guess!

I just wanted to bump this thread for anyone dealing with lymph node/lymphoma fears. It really helped me last night.

I had been doing pretty good for several days, not touching my neck at all (my HA actually decided to get at me with different weapons—my temp was slightly elevated (99.1-99.4) that led me to conclude these were lymphoma fevers and I also got randomly flushed and my legs got sweaty at night which led me to conclude these were lymphoma night sweats. Still, I stayed strong and kept my hands from poking and prodding my neck. I also rationally told myself that those temps (which have since returned to normal) were not true fevers, and being a little sweaty doesn’t equal a night sweat.

However, last night in a moment of stress and weakness, I started digging and lo and behold uncovered several more lymph nodes or mystery squishy balls in my neck. These were all mobile and pea sized, and not nearly as large feeling as the two that have been bothering me since summer (1.7cm and 1cm via ultrasound measurement), but they sent me in a spiral none the less because I hadn’t felt them before and didn’t know if they were new—why hadn’t I uncovered them in a previous prodding spree?

I decided to read this entire thread and was relieved to find out how many HA sufferers seem to be able to easily find and feel lymph nodes when they are looking for them. I hope it can help someone else too.

I won’t lie, a part of me is still totally freaked out and even more freaked out when I twist and turn my head to see if they can pop out a bit and I can see some of them, but I am really trying to not go down this rabbit hole because I have been dealing with this particular worry for months and HA for years and it’s exhausting.

I am going to try again not to touch or check my neck for as long as I can and see if this helps. I keep thinking that until I just officially refuse to give in to this worry, HA will keep finding new ways to create the narrative of my worst fear. There’s always that fear of “but what if this time it’s for real and I don’t get it checked out,” but I keep reminding myself I got the large ones checked and imaged and got blood work and all was fine and I can’t go running everytime I dig and find a pea sized squishy lymph node in my body. I do wish my annual doctors appointment was sooner than 6 months away but I am really trying to stay strong and believe there is nothing wrong with me.

This might have turned into more of a dear diary but hopefully it helps someone out there struggling the same way I am. I am always fascinated by how similar our thought processes can be.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information