Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBT

CBT

Hey Guys,

I have been having cbt for the last 3 weeks now, and next week I face my hardest challenge... exposure! I have bad panic which has lead to agoraphobia and the thought of this seems hard. My therapist has said I am being challenged not threatened, but its hard to think of it like that!

Anyway, i am working REALLY hard on challenging my irrational beliefs, but find that i believe it all up top, but my body doesnt seem to believe what i am saying. I don't know if any of this makes sense, but just wondered how others have challenged irrational thinking.
    Sorry to ramble, but my hubby away and wanted to get it out!

tracy x x

hi Tracy. what you are feeling is normal for us. I have the same and realy bad when I have to face anything different. Its the waiting thats worst than the vent you will find and you will feel so much better when this is done. Take care, Vernon

Hi Tracy,

Maxine's cbt progress.

worried to get better!?!?
    home truths

Strategies for coping
    Some of my symptoms and explinations.
    very strange panic attack symptoms

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Tracy

I know exactly what you mean about rationally knowing there is no danger and nothing to fear and yet still experiencing the anxiety and panic. I feel this way about eating and challenging my anorexia.

With the support of your therapist you will be able to overcome this hurdle. The first step is often the hardest.

We are here for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Thanks everyone,

I really hope it all goes ok, I have just told my close friends to pick me up when i say certain negative sentences like 'I can't, I'm stupid, useless etc', so maybe this will break the cycle quicker too??!!

Tuesday is the big day though, when I have to take my therapist to Sainsburys! AAAHHHH!!

tracy x x

Tracy

I know it is hard cos they made me do stuff like go on a bus and left me to do it all alone. I was terrified lol.

I hope it goes ok on Tuesday. We look forward to your reply and telling us what happened. I am sure it will be great cos she will be there to support you and help you if you get panicky. Good luck.

Unfortunately unless you push the boundaries you will never do these things so it is great that you are.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Tracy,

good luck with it, you are deifinately doing the right thing.

Asking your friends to tell you when you say these things is a great idea. I have just started a diary for this reason (which I write in just before bed) and am often surprised at some of the things I read the following morning.

All those negative thoughts just feed our worry!

Tam x

Wow Nigel!

I am very impressed with that post, have just been rereading over and over, and its havin the same effect as the hypnotherapist!!

Funny enough, thats exactly what my therapist has told me to do before tuesday, so there must be something in it!

I will let you all know what happens Tuesday!

I hope all your confidence, rubs off on to me!!

tracy x x

Good luck with it Tracy!!

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Hi!

I know i need to stop worrying/thinking about it, BUT cannot stop getting myself into a tizz about tomorrows exposure. I am obviously thinking of all the negative things, but it is really putting me off.

I think the fact that i have to go and attempt sainsburys with someone that is a relatively new to me, is making me feel very on edge. I really want to overcome this, but I question myself how mentally ready i am.?

Half of me wants to cancel this as I am such a wuss, and the other half of me is getting upset at myself!

Any suggestions?

tracy x x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information