Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: 19th July Reopening

Re: 19th July Reopening

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We'll have to explain that one again for Fishman!
    Nah, he's trying to cover it up but I've heard he let it slip about his door sized H poster

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Nah, he's trying to cover it up but I've heard he let it slip about his door sized H poster
    That's the last time I let you borrow my Steps sticker album Terry

Any thoughts on this new variant? https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/25/new-b...-yet-15662114/

Daily Fail journos will be salivating at the prospect of a deadly Super Mutant variant spreading to our shores in time for Christmas.

Rumours re 6 African countries going back on red list. Good.

Well at least the UK govt haven't been caught napping this time round, and appear to be taking swift action, unlike when Delta first arrived on our shores earlier this year.

Also no cases of said new variant from SA have yet been confirmed in the UK, so let's try to stop it in its tracks while we can, and before it's too late!

I was doing ok about covid now everyone I know has been double jabbed. But this new mutation has triggered my anxiety. I ended up reading loads of news about it before bed last night and didn't get a wink of sleep. Felt the same as I did at the start of this whole thing!

I know we don't know enough about it yet, my trusted science resource has said mutations don't necessarily mean its worse we just need to wait and see. Media just looks very doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    That's the last time I let you borrow my Steps sticker album Terry
    I'll send it back to you. The H pull out page is a bit stuck together though

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    I was doing ok about covid now everyone I know has been double jabbed. But this new mutation has triggered my anxiety. I ended up reading loads of news about it before bed last night and didn't get a wink of sleep. Felt the same as I did at the start of this whole thing!

I know we don't know enough about it yet, my trusted science resource has said mutations don't necessarily mean its worse we just need to wait and see. Media just looks very doom and gloom.
    Well that's the media all along, they love anything like this as it usually guarantees dosh/clicks.

By the same token, the media would be getting it in the neck if they underreported this new variant, and accused of cover-ups, denial, siding with the govt, etc, so basically damned if do, damned if don't!

At least so far said variant hasn't reached the UK (as far as we know), nor is it (as yet) believed to be any more lethal than previous/existing variants.

But I guess it's better to overestimate the potential dangers from every new variant that arises, otherwise the likes of Boris and Co would be committing political suicide by simply doing naff all right now, especially having previously been caught napping over the original onset of the pandemic as a whole and the onset of the Delta variant, plus already being under fire over various other issues of late.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post

I think you have to restrict what you choose to research on this new development, elizabethalice. Whatever you read or find out won't affect what is actually decided and or what actually happens...if anything actually does. At least action is being swiftly taken unlike last time with the delta.

Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread Information