Thread: Heart worries

Heart worries

I’m 58 and had a heart attack in 2017. It was slight - I’m told. Main pipes are clear. Did as I was told re lifestyle changes. Had the odd visit to A&E if I’ve worried about symptoms and after a blood test I’m reassured. Until I went in January. Although blood test was clear I couldn’t shake off the fear that it was going to happen again. Severe anxiety for a few weeks which has mostly subsided. Doctor thinks I have health anxiety now. I’ve got discomfort in my chest and stomach which could be tension but I’m panicking again. I can’t keep going back to A&E - they probably think I’m already mad. Anyone else had similar? I’m constantly worried. Thanks for reading.

Re: Heart worries

Just to add my original HA symptoms were atypical and even A&E doctors initially ruled out HA until blood test proved otherwise.

I've had two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents. I also have angina. 90% of the time I don't even think about it nor does it cross my mind as I have no pain or symptoms. While I'm not a HA sufferer, when I do get chest pain from angina, the thought crosses my mind as I wait to see if the nitro will alleviate the symptoms which it has so far. The bottom line is take your meds and modify your lifestyle and diet to keep it from happening again. Also, treating the anxiety and managing your stress levels will help reduce any symptoms you do get.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 29-02-20 at 11:19.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for your reassuring reply - I’ve calmed down a bit for now although bp is slightly higher than I’d like but will keep an eye on that.

Thread Information