Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

I agree friend. Obama is no friend of the UK. One of the very first moves he made was to remove the bust of Winston Churchill from the Whitehouse and send it back to England. It was originally a gift from your country to mine signifying the strong bond between us and all that we had been through together. All while he negotiates a deal with a sworn enemy to eventually get them nukes. You can't make this stuff up.

N.

I remember Russell Kane getting caught out promoting products with his celebrity status when he never had them. Made me laugh and it was a fake to test people thought to be doing it.

I've read his take on his OCD and in my opinion celebrities like that create more stigma than they reduce.

I wouldn't be scared of Hillary, she's just more of the same to me. It's not like the US hasn't had it's share of dodgy presidents. Governments aren't really in charge, the unelected civil servants, military and rich always own them...
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 05-06-16 at 03:15. Reason: A couple of bad typos to say the last! Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I remember Russell Kane getting caught out promoting products with boys celebrity status when he never had them. Made me laugh add it was a fake to test people thought to be doing it.

I've read his take on his OCD and in my opinion celebrities like that create more stigma than they reduce.

I wouldn't be scared of Hillary, she's just more of the same to me. It's not like the US hasn't had it's share of dodgy presidents. Governments aren't really in charge, the unelected civil servants, military and rich always own them...

Hahaha! Really!? That's funny. I never heard of the guy I'll have to look him up.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Hahaha! Really!? That's funny. I never heard of the guy I'll have to look him up.

N.
    It's reported on here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...l-sees-2129242

They got caught. Dispatches go around catching out much bigger scams, they know what they are doing.

Not quite "the fake sheikh" though.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCeeCee View Post
    I'm not being misled at all. I made my decision based on a lot of things. Also, I tend to take notice and listen to people who I believe are knowledgeable about a subject and are intelligent balanced people.
    This is the only time I have ever heard or read about anyone actually supporting Trump, usually people can't even mention him without a roll of the eyes or a look of distain, I personally think its a little scary to be honest, but people have the right to their own opinion...

I also can't understand people who say 'they're all the same' and therefore maybe don't bother to vote, then wonder why nothing is done about the things they care bout.
    Politics affects everything in our lives.
    Sometimes, you have to just take the 'least bad' in any situation. Corbyn isn't perfect but I'll take him over the likes of Farage and Johnson any time.

Take a listen to Russell Kane on Trump. Its called 'Kaneing' on Youtube...

WHAT!!!? Russell Kane is a COMIC!!!? That's who you are using as someone to follow on important issues? A COMIC!!!?

You said you listen to people who "are knowledgeable" and "intelligent balance people" and then you say you are following a COMIC!!!?

You can't make this stuff up.

N

As someone who has lived in another EU country and seen the benefits, I'm an inny (which autocorrect tried to change to ninny - no comments!). That's by the by really as we all have the right to our opinion.

What's disappointing is that the whole thing's turned into a dog fight and it's virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. What I can't see is how the government is going to unite after this, regardless of the outcome. Whilst we can express different views and work fine alongside people, when it gets nasty, it's hard to recover from.

Still, it gives us something to talk about apart from the weather. By the way, it's scorching here today...

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well we had a day off from endless (pointless? ) media on this yesterday with the passing of Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali.

The Tories are likely to end up with a leadership battle but I'm not sure how long Cameron was intending to continue so it may have been on the cards on the inside. Maybe Gove, maybe Boris but it certainly won't be IDS given how many people would like to see him on top of a bonfire.

Labour seem more united under this issue but otherwise they are even worse off. The lack of confidence the voters had in them in the last election was very telling as the Tories were getting just as much stick then. UKIP ended up a damp squib.

I would be interested to know what people from other member states think about us. What do they believe is best? Some areas of the EU are a mess, do they feel like many here do?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 05-06-16 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    WHAT!!!? Russell Kane is a COMIC!!!? That's who you are using as someone to follow on important issues? A COMIC!!!?

You said you listen to people who "are knowledgeable" and "intelligent balance people" and then you say you are following a COMIC!!!?

You can't make this stuff up.

N
    Russell Kane is an incredibly intelligent man, a published author and he has a degree in English. He's very insightful and in real life a very thoughtful and reflective man. Are you confusing RK with Russell Brand? Although RK plies his trade as a comic he's no fool.

Next you'll be telling me to listen to Benny Hill!

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Btw...It's arguable whether Ali was the best boxer ever. But as he said himself he was definitely "The Greatest" ever. Larger than life. British heavyweight Henry Cooper almost knocked him out in 63. That was amazing.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

My apologies to the entire United Kingdom....Sir Henry Cooper

The undisputed came earlier. Ali came at a certain time that added to why we know so much of him, some of it bad. A great fighter though. I tend to lose respect for fighters when they do too much talking though.

I would rather they put Benny Hill on than another programme about Brexit!

Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information