Thread: Hi I'm new. can you really feel this awful?

Hi I'm new. can you really feel this awful?

Ive been feeling terrible for ages. Ive had a lot of stress due to my severe allegies. I had a panic attack one night but didnt realise it was one until the morning when I thought it must have been because I ddint seem what else it could be. It lasted about 20 minutes. Since then I have felt awful and really almost like I have flu and with nausea, headaches etc. Also sometimes tingly fingers in the motning. but not the symptoms you would expect like my heart racing. I dont get any times when I feel well, just sometimes more awful than other times! I keep going to the doctors but they just seem perplexed although my allergy doctor says it is stress. I also cant tolerate any alcohol now - really strange. Is this significant. tho thats the least of my problems!

Hi Gill,

Yes you can feel that awful. Stress and anxiety can make you feeling lousy all the time. I too have the flu-type symptoms but have learnt to accept them as part of being so run down.

I keep saying to my partner "Will I ever be well again?". He says that it's all because I was stressed for so long and (once I had crashed and burned into a kind of breakdown, physically and mentally) I have to give myself time to get strong again. I'm starting to forget what it's like! However, I have made some huge steps forward lately and a lot of the anxiety symptoms are disappearing. Make sure you read up on anxiety and stress. Once you understand how your psyche can affect your physical wellbeing, you can begin to take advantage of that by using it positively. That approach might help your existing medical conditions too.

It's a bit of a slog at times, but we'll get there in the end!

Eeb x

Hi Gill,
    Yes eaby is right it is the stress you out yourself under that makes you feel so awful, when I felt like this i used to say it is ok, my body will find its balance again, i have been through a lot and my body is just ruinning at 75% at the moment. Try not to worry to much of how you feel at the moment, don't add stress to your already tired body. I know how awful the feelings can feel but with more knowledge you will find some of the answers to improve.
    Take care
    Paul

Thread Information