Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best wishes to Pulisa for treatment tomorrow

Re: Best wishes to Pulisa for treatment tomorrow

To be honest being in pain has taken over every aspect of my life and I know that this is bad.Next week my daughter and I are going on a 2 day trip to Belgium- I am not going to cancel it but will try to see it as a positive turning point and a change that will really benefit both of us. I'm sure the anticipatory anxiety is making things worse-it always does for me.

It might be what you need Pulisa.
    Oh yes, anticipatory anxiety, the worst in my opinion.
    I haven't managed to tame that one myself, but we do know that the event never seems as bad as we lead up to it. If only we could keep that thought in our heads when we are worrying.
    I actually think it will do you good and if you are feeling down, it's a great place to get chocolate. x

Remember also, it's not that far. Probably quicker to get home from there than a jaunt on the M25 and less painful.

Thanks Carnation. We are going by Eurostar so at least the Brexit delays should mean that it is business as usual on the trains and not mega hassle and queues to get through Customs..I haven't stayed overnight in a different country for decades but time to test myself and give my daughter a new experience. I don't want to deny her a decent break because of my hang ups so it's a good incentive. I know I'll cope whatever happens once I am on my way..xx

Let me know what day so I'm not on the tracks wrapped in a Union Jack

Are you able to get comfortable or it is 24/7 thing? I hope not the latter, it would be very hard not to let that drag you down.

Yes, anticipatory anxiety is a major pain. It mostly does seem to dissolve once you get out of too much time to think about it more time taking some action.

I do hope you are able to find some peace from this and that it doesn't blight your trip. You deserve some fun before all the golf washing starts turning up now the weather is getting better ).

Golf washing is a year-round slog, Terry! My washing machine is very overworked!

I'm fortunate in that I can sleep at night but as soon as I get up and move it starts up. The doctor says that using my muscles triggers the nerves. Don't really know how you fix that other than not move!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Golf washing is a year-round slog, Terry! My washing machine is very overworked!

I'm fortunate in that I can sleep at night but as soon as I get up and move it starts up. The doctor says that using my muscles triggers the nerves. Don't really know how you fix that other than not move!
    It's a Catch-22, Cmrd. Exercise increases my pain levels too, yet inactivity and stagnation cause rigidity, loss of muscle strength, shortening of muscles, etc, which create their own set of problems (and more pain)

Finding the "balance" is the hard part in all this and there is no one size fits all answer.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I think you'll find the eurostar a breeze Pulisa, my mum and dad couldn't recommend it enough and so quick!
    Take plenty to read and occupy yourself and your daughter. x

We've done day trips on the Eurostar a few times, Carnation. Paris,Brussels and Lille. Easily do-able from Surrey if you get the early train.

Wouldn't it be great if a doctor could prescribe the right "balance" for the individual patient, KK. I've just started some exercises specifically for intercostal neuritis..I've got nothing to lose. I know you suffer greatly from your pain-it certainly colours every aspect of life, doesn't it?

Belgium eh , is that in Spain ? Bring us all a stick of rock back , I’m pretty sure pain and anguish are not allowed on Eurostar, you may have to leave them behind in the uk and collect them on return , surely a football hooligan like you isn’t allowed overseas.
    Have a good one .

Have you ever seen the film In Bruges with Colin Farrell? It’s very funny! Might get you in the mood?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information