Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Fearful, anxious, scared of dying from nuclear attack

Re: Fearful, anxious, scared of dying from nuclear attack

Quote Originally Posted by loonarider77 View Post
    Thank you Confusion,

Really appreciate your response and putting me at ease.

So a Russian version of Alex Jones. Usually conspiracy theories hold no weight factually so I'm going to eat now as my appetite has returned after reading your post.

Thanks again! And I'm told my brother that if he wants to chat, no war talk. X
    Sounds like your brother is a bit of a romancer/gossiper who possibly gets kicks out of speculation like this.

There was no mention of this on the BBC nor Sky News last night so it must be some conspiracy theorist in Russia on a wind-up.

Spectrum also said that the UK would first of all have to have approval from the USA and wouldn't be able to just push the red button willy-nilly!

Protocols to follow, and all that.

I'm so sorry I'm here scared to death again.

This in the newspapers:
    'Vote Tory for chance of nuclear war' Dominic Cummings in sensational election day attack'

3hrs ago.

All I wanted to do was check the election news :(

I'm sick of feeling like an attack is imminent

Nope. Cummings is a vain idiot, a verbose and unpleasant individual who has zero credibility any more. He is the personification of what's known as "Dunning-Kruger" (look it up}. He craves attention.

If Dominic Cummings told me today was Friday I wouldn’t believe him.

Hes a man with his own agenda and a huge axe to grind since he got kicked out. Don’t know why he’s given air space. Can’t stick him.

Ghost…Spillways

This in the newspapers:
    'Vote Tory for chance of nuclear war' Dominic Cummings in sensational election day attack'

3hrs ago.

As much as I would never be seen dead voting Conservative, that does come across as extremely distasteful from Mr Cummings (or should be Mr Cunnings)!

I also think the papers concerned should hang their heads in shame for such OTT scaremongering stuff, especially where highly sensitive topics like nukes are referenced.

'Crying wolf' also springs to mind here.

Surely Putin and Co don't give a flying fig over our local council election results right now as reason to press the red button our way, they're more concerned about capturing Ukraine right now!

ETA, We're still here and haven't been annihilated due to yesterday's elections.

Surely the UK's annual local council elections and their results barely have any impact on or implications for the rest of the world.

General elections, however, are a completely different kettle of fish.

Surely Mr Cunnings is trying to come up with a non-story to provoke mass outrage (and inadvertently sell papers).

Kind of ironic that Cunnings previously seemed to side with both Boris and the Tory Party in general, and even appeared to be 'PM-by-proxy' at one point!

Once a lot of this has eventually blown over, Cunnings will no doubt be back to having digs at Labour once again, and talking about them as if they're the Devil Party!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 06-05-22 at 12:34.

This in the newspapers:

3hrs ago.

An interesting one from, of all places, the Daily M**l today:

An order by Vladimir Putin to strike Ukraine or the West with nuclear weapons would be ignored by his top commanders, a senior investigative journalist has said.

Many leading military and security officials as well as oligarch cronies believe Putin to be dying or gravely ill, said Christo Grozev, who is an expert on Russian affairs and is associated with the Bellingcat open source research group.

Believing that Putin could soon die, his inner circle would not risk being hauled before a modern equivalent of the Nuremberg trials for unleashing Armageddon, nor would they obey a Putin order to kill opposition foes, Mr Grozev claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    An interesting one from, of all places, the Daily M**l today:
    Oh ah!!

Can I just say I'm so appreciative of all your insights. They've really helped to calm me down when I'm freaking out. I'm in my 40s studying for a Natural Sciences degree, and I've been finding it terribly hard to concentrate and work on my assignments in this current climate. So thank you all again for alleviating any worries; it makes things manageable. x

Good luck with the studying and please remember that "Armageddon" will be relegated off the front pages of the red tops tomorrow in view of today's local election results. Also Harry and Meghan's "banishment" will be a talking point so you'll be able to appreciate how fickle the gutter press can be in terms of "leading" stories...

Try not to fall for the sensationalist headline/article..The rumour mill is toxic and feeds off anxious people.

Can I just say I'm so appreciative of all your insights. They've really helped to calm me down when I'm freaking out. I'm in my 40s studying for a Natural Sciences degree, and I've been finding it terribly hard to concentrate and work on my assignments in this current climate. So thank you all again for alleviating any worries; it makes things manageable. x
    Glad to help

Here's a little insight into a similar thing that greatly upset my six year old mind: circa 1971 a Maltese politician - Dom Mintoff - wanted to throw out the British Forces on the island of Malta. Unfortunately the way the newspapers portrayed it (particularly the Daily Mirror), little PM thought he wanted us to leave Britain and so he went into a deep little depression, to the puzzlement of his mother and grandmother as he didn't want to talk about it. In my mind's eye I can still see little myself standing in my Nan's house by her radiogram (it was to the right of the fireplace at that time in the living room) with my Mum and Nan asking me why I was so upset.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information