Thread: Pounding Heart!

Pounding Heart!

Evening all! Unless your is the USA then afternoon!

So this evening i was watching Eastenders(isn't it getting interesting), Anyway all the sudden i started feeling like my heart was pounding! i place my hand on my chest and it is, i can feel it pounding!!!!

Now this is not the first time i've had this... its normally does this at night as i'm trying to fall asleep, Been to my doctor last week who has done a ECG and bloods just awaiting results.

It just never normally happens as i'm sat watching TV? anyone had this ?

Sorry if my grammar is not the best.

i've also had ECG's in the past around 6 months ago and last year as-well for heart worries. both came back clear.

After this i'm sat here feeling rather anxious

Re: Pounding Heart!

A 'clear' ECG is generally a good sign. It's very unlikely there's anything structurally wrong with your heart is your ECG is unremarkable.

Having said that, have you asked about a holter monitor? This way, your heart's rhythm can be tracked over a period of time. Some of the more modern monitors allow you to press a button on the device when you have symptoms. Older monitors require you to write down the time (and what you were doing) when you had the symptoms.

I'm wondering if you're experiencing sinus arrhythmia. THIS IS BENIGN but I had the same thing last year (caught on a holter monitor). I felt like my heart was racing and having skipped beats. This happened without any trigger and was a horrible feeling. But the monitor confirmed this benign phenomenon.

Anxiety can definitely cause what you're experiencing as well. Us lot with anxiety are known to have sudden surges of adrenaline for no real reason.

However, PLEASE follow up with your doctor as (I'm sure you'll appreciate) you cannot get diagnosed online.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    A 'clear' ECG is generally a good sign. It's very unlikely there's anything structurally wrong with your heart is your ECG is unremarkable.

Having said that, have you asked about a holter monitor? This way, your heart's rhythm can be tracked over a period of time. Some of the more modern monitors allow you to press a button on the device when you have symptoms. Older monitors require you to write down the time (and what you were doing) when you had the symptoms.

I'm wondering if you're experiencing sinus arrhythmia. THIS IS BENIGN but I had the same thing last year (caught on a holter monitor). I felt like my heart was racing and having skipped beats. This happened without any trigger and was a horrible feeling. But the monitor confirmed this benign phenomenon.

Anxiety can definitely cause what you're experiencing as well. Us lot with anxiety are known to have sudden surges of adrenaline for no real reason.

However, PLEASE follow up with your doctor as (I'm sure you'll appreciate) you cannot get diagnosed online.
    Hello, Thank you for your reply!

My doctor only works on Tuesday and Wednesday, So i shall be having a appointment on Tuesday next week to discuss my results and ask about maybe having a holter monitor that you said about as i also have skipped beats mainly laying down.

When i first told him about this problem he said i may have a irregular beat or something.

Fingers crossed i get to the bottom of this ASAP, I have gotten a nice inheritance so i was thinking about getting a appointment with a private cardiologist.

Thread Information