Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depersonslization and waking up

Re: Depersonslization and waking up

Morning,I really feel for you,I’m going through the exact same thing at the moment but was due to having a certain medication now it’s ruined my life once again. I woke this morning not feeling myself at all I really believe me,my personality has gone. I beg for it to come back,I’m also agoraphobic but was doing well before this now I have gone back to not being able to go out alone. My psychiatrist said I suffered epse side effects but the side effects should be gone now. So that means I’m left feeling like this forever and I can’t push myself through it again. I don’t have the energy or motivation I hope Drs goes okay for you.

Hey Eric,

Did you try to do any grounding techniques on a morning when you felt bad?

It's hard to work on this stuff, I'm in the midst of it myself but if you do nothing and believe that you're helpless with these experiences then you will be.

Emma

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulfreak77 View Post
    Morning,I really feel for you,I’m going through the exact same thing at the moment but was due to having a certain medication now it’s ruined my life once again. I woke this morning not feeling myself at all I really believe me,my personality has gone. I beg for it to come back,I’m also agoraphobic but was doing well before this now I have gone back to not being able to go out alone. My psychiatrist said I suffered epse side effects but the side effects should be gone now. So that means I’m left feeling like this forever and I can’t push myself through it again. I don’t have the energy or motivation I hope Drs goes okay for you.
    It been very hard to convince myself thru the constant crippling anx and dp that it will ever get better but we both need to try and hold and keep the thought that even though living every day with it it feels like it climbing a impossible mountain to get better days that it will get easier. I live alone so it a silent house at home so I am grabbing any company I can and found just talking to people on here and with friends and family even though they may not all understand the hidden illness going on in my head it def helps and its amazing how much support from people is out there.
    Didnt get much help from the GP really but from previous experience I wasnt expecting much. I was offered meds after asking what he suggests but it was like had little interest talking anout my anx and was offered no referral for councelling. I since have found a free local drop in support group run by the Mind charity each week so will be able to talk with other people going thru the same thing so at least got something that I dont have to pay for.
    I wish you all the best with your recovery and that we will def both get there eventually -
    Last edited by StressedEric; 11-12-18 at 22:13.

Yes I’ve done it before got through these horrible feelings I just don’t know if I can again,but I will push myself,like you I live alone,and my best friend today has to me to get a f-Ing grip and no wonder I don’t have many friends,so I don’t really have much support,and I tell my family but they’re all busy with there own lives and I don’t like telling people cos I feel I’m not believed,or people say just go out,well I’m agoraphobic so it’s not that easy to just go out. Like I said,before I tried this medication I was doing so well,it’s totally changed me,I’m angry about that too,I know it’s wasted energy on the anger but I can’t seem to stop it. Yea unfortunately I’ve experienced the same with Drs they don’t know how to deal with it,even my psychiatrist doesn’t. I hope you can find a way through this,you sound pretty positive in that post,or was that like I do,try n be positive for others whilst your still sat there suffering? I hate this feeling and I know I will probably end up fighting it all even though I said I don’t know if I can,but I don’t have much choice do I. Hope you’re having a good day

Despite my last post, Today hasn't been that good to be honest. Focused on the DP symptom in my head all day and that will never get better and cant shift out of it. 😔 I am feeling sick and so exhausted now. I am going to force myself to go to work tomorrow and if that will be enough distraction from the constant anxiety but dont know if I'm just making things worse.

Haven't been on for a bit. Still battling through the DP and anx but will get through this. It going to be a bloody battle though.

Have been coping better with the anxiety and DP the week before xmas. I think this was because the lead up to xmas was a good distraction.
    Since boxing day my anxiety and DP came back very strong and has remained since. I am literally shaking when writing this. Feeling very trapped. Exhaused. Tried to do housework but cant concentrate and just feel so tired. I have trouble walking as have a annoying twisted foot and a blurry eye which both have been is a long term problem. Normally can cope with these problems but they just adding to the anxiety and stress now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information