Thread: Upper back

Upper back

OK now I've posted in last few days about ibs but this post is NOT JUST ABOUT ibs. I'm still having some of the ibs symptoms BUT I think I also had a bit of a stomach bug too. THIS is where the upper back issue comes in. Some of the gastric issues were going from front to back, the gas pressure, BUT it seems the stomach, intestinal issue is. SLOWLY subsiding. I'm
    Having some upper back issues that don't seem gas related. Some of it seems muscle related. I remember once someone very knowledgable telling me that the back near spine area has a big nerve that feeds directly into stomach which made sense because I had been kind of straining my back carrying a heavy purse & it would trigger gas type problems. Has anyone ever heard of this because when I was told this years back it made a lot of sense? Id really appreciate any info anyone has on any of this. I have bad anxiety & don't like to be alone with all these thoughts & need feedback from other people. My dr? Forget it! Very little info from dr. Thank You! Please someone reply.

Re: Upper back

Hi Violet, can you tell me what exactly your question is? Your post seems a bit confused so not too sure what you're asking. If you're asking for confirmation that there are nerves that connect the spine to the stomach then I can confirm that for you, because my brother who has some nerve damage in his spine also has problems with his stomach and has Crohns disease, but apologies if this is not what you were asking though.

ISB x

Re: Upper back

Hi actually you answered my question. Didn't mean for it to be so confusing. I mentioned the ibs because I'd posted in last few days about that which can also cause gas pressure in upper back. Thank You for responding. & sorry about confusion.

Thread Information