Thread: masturbation OCD

masturbation OCD

I'm 22 years old. An illness that I do not know is gnawing my brain like a virus. I do not even need to know cures of this, only I want to name it.
    I started masturbating at the age of 12. I often masturbated until the end of my high school years, so I was addicted to masturbation. But at the end of my high school years I developed a fear against masturbation. I convinced myself that masturbation hurts my mind and put out my mental activities. After masturbating, my mind slowly fades, I feels stupid for a week, my mind doesnt work. After the masturbation, its like my brain gets stuck in the blades.. My eyes are fogging, my mind is full of ache, and I experience symptoms similar to possession. My feet trembles and I was under the sensation of intense stress and guilt. as if ı have heart attack. When I couldnt bring back my previous mental achievements, I believed I would never be back in the old days. It lasts 1 week. In this process, I could not enjoy life. Pessimism was taking all my soul. I mean, I developed a fear of masturbation. I can not masturbate and I'm getting even worse. God forgive me, I think in the slightest sin, God punished me. This obsession starts with the smallest mind that thinks of me. And the same thing happened again today. My mind is blurry now, I can not think. I want you to help me.

sorry for my english.

Re: masturbation OCD

Is this a serious thread?
    If so, I'm sorry you feel that way about something so normal like masturbation. It's totally ok to do it. Everyone does it, it's a normal part of being human. It does not make you stupid at all.

Masturbation is a natural and healthy act, God does not punish you for masturbating,heck if he did everyone in the world would have some kind of punishment, did someone tell you that it was wrong and that God was going to punish you? You're 22 years old, your hormones are still in their peak, and you're a normal guy, I am sorry that you are stressed out and feeling this way. You are not being punished, have you went to a therapist or someone that you can talk to about this stress? If not please do so.

Hey, has this gotten any better for you? I've been going through something similar since March, just without the religious guilt. I think, at least. But I've become scared that masturbation is taking away my mental power and I feel physically like shit after I do it. I keep trying to tell myself that it's always been like this and I'm just noticing now, but that seems virtually impossible considering I started masturbating around the same time as you and I'm 20 now.

The OP hasn't been on since he posted this in February.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information