Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Heart Rate Spiked Again

I posted 3 weeks ago after I happened to notice my heart rate spiked to 143. Well Wednesday I went to the cardiologist. He seemed almost 100% sure that there was nothing wrong with my heart, he ordered none of the testing that I wanted because he was so sure. Said I had 20 years before I needed to worry about anything heart related. He told me to just keep checking on my portable EKG machine and come back in a month.

Well last night it happened again and the whole starting to feel better thing is totally gone. I was feeling just fine laying down relaxing before bed, I got up to go to the bathroom I was standing in my kitchen looking out the window, suddenly my breathing felt tight a couple times when I tried to breathe in before I knew it my heart was pounding. I am shocked at how calm I kept myself, I grabbed my portable EKG, it maxxed out at 145 bpm during the first 30 second reading, averaged 139 bpm. About 15 seconds after I ran another test, and it averaged 105, then 100, and it slowly came down from there. Im right back to being extremely scared of it, he said the first time it may have been a benign PSVT but without testing or atleast a holter monitor how do we not know. I'll post the link to the EKG just incase someone might be able to read em and help. I sent them to the cardiologist office and he got them but didnt get back to me.

https://imgur.com/vTNhpgn
    https://imgur.com/7WO0KCh

Re: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    suddenly my breathing felt tight a couple times when I tried to breathe in before I knew it my heart was pounding.
    Sounds like a panic attack related to a perceived feeling.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I just..dont know though. It truly did not feel like anxiety at all. I didnt feel anxious mentally or physically, only symptom was my heart rate taking off..after wards anxiety came on after the shock of it happening again wore off, but ugh. I hope its just anxiety.

I am not a dr but I do suffer from arrythmia's, SVT being one of them and so I sorta compared your strips with TONS of my own strips from monitor results and they are not similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    I didnt feel anxious mentally or physically
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    I am not a dr but I do suffer from arrythmia's, SVT being one of them and so I sorta compared your strips with TONS of my own strips from monitor results and they are not similar.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Im not sure if you mean mine looks normal, or it looks like other arrythmias? I was actually just discussing with this with some doctors on reddit and they seem to think it may be my vitamin D supplement being too high causing an issue.

Again I'm not a dr but it looks like sinus tachycardia. Perhaps your dr will have a look and get back with you..

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I mean I compared your strips with my strips of SVT and compared to mine, yours look normal. To me, your strips look like sinus tachycardia which is a fast but regular heart rate... Most SVT heart rates are much faster then what your experiencing. My SVT episodes are normally around 165-180ish and have gone into the 200s..
    Last edited by Careful1; 17-11-18 at 05:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    Again I'm not a dr but it looks like sinus tachycardia. Perhaps your dr will have a look and get back with you..
    Way to feed the dragon! Look at the first post....

Well Wednesday I went to the cardiologist. He seemed almost 100% sure that there was nothing wrong with my heart, he ordered none of the testing that I wanted because he was so sure. Said I had 20 years before I needed to worry about anything heart related.

I'll lay a Franklin this is anxiety related.

Positive thoughts

Well Wednesday I went to the cardiologist. He seemed almost 100% sure that there was nothing wrong with my heart, he ordered none of the testing that I wanted because he was so sure. Said I had 20 years before I needed to worry about anything heart related.

Positive thoughts
    Nah its not feeding the dragon, I mean what the cardiologist told me is basically exactly what he told me. He thought it could have been a benign PSVT, which is pretty much exactly what he described. I agree thats what it looks like I just wish I knew why. I am intrigued by the idea that my vitamin D levels may be causing it because that makes a lot of sense. Yesterday was the first time I had taken it 2 days in a row since the event happened 3 weeks ago.

[/COLOR]

Positive thoughts
    But sinus tachycardia isn't a worry... Its NORMAL... Sinus tachycardia is ANY heart rate that's over 100 but regular. People get sinus tachycardia going up stairs, during exercise, during anxiety and a million other things. It's a normal heart rhythm and so I dont see how I'm feeding a dragon...
    Last edited by Careful1; 17-11-18 at 05:55.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information