Thread: Echo results back ... next steps

Echo results back ... next steps

Well after having my echo a week last Saturday I was told I would hear by the end of the week but heard nothing. Called gp today and the results are back today and notes say I need to see doctor to discuss results. Letter is in post. I tried to make appointment but first pre-bookable is next tues so a further week of waiting and stressing. You can phone on the day for some appointments so will try that tomorrow as hate this waiting. I asked receptionist if any indication of what it is / seriousness of it, but she said she could not say but I did need to see doctor to look at next steps. This has freaked me out a bit if I am honest.

Part of me thinks that as scan was only 15-20 mins (was told to expect 30-40 mins) that maybe nothing too bad as otherwise would have taken more time? Or maybe i am clutching at straws - maybe immediately obvious what it is and need more tests or consultant etc? Also hoping fact they are leaving me another week (now almost 6 weeks since I first went and 5 since he said issue on ecg) that this also means nothing major?

Still just in limbo and very scared :(
    I know it is prob going to come out that I have enlarged heart as tech hinted at this too and I am desperately trying to resist google!

Love flump xx

Re: Echo results back ... next steps

This is just how doctors operate. You’re highly unlikely to ever get a receptionist or a doctor to tell you test results over the phone. They always have you come in to the office whether it’s something or nothing.

As of right now, you don’t have anything to worry about, as worry produces nothing and isn’t going to speed up time until you see the doctor. Think positively as much as you can.

Try not to worry so much just yet. I am sure if it was something very bad, you would have gotten a call right away.

Deff keep battling the urge to jump on Google since you don't yet know what (if anything) your dealing with just yet and most importantly try to keep postive..

I know it's so hard waiting on test results and so if you feel like you need to talk you can PM me, I am a really good listener and sometimes having someone to talk to that can relate to what we are going through makes us feel a whole lot better (((hugs))) you aren't alone, we are all here for you.
    Last edited by Careful1; 28-11-18 at 04:53.

Thank you - well I have appt at 10 so only an hour to wait now. So anxious but need to know as the limbo is horrible playing through various what if scenarios and not actually having any proper facts, apart from then mention of enlargement.

love flump x

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Phew ... all good. The lady I saw was lovely and was frustrated that leaky valve, enlarged heart or cells or surgery etc had been mentioned. Both ECG and echo indicate heart is structurally normal but on large side of normal. She just said to keep reducing alcohol and do more exercise. No meds needed.

I am so relieved and know this has to be the wake up call I need. At the min I still am not having caffeine and I have drastically reduced alcohol intake. I am going to focus on that and introducing a daily 20 min walk as a start I think. I am so unfit and avoid exercise as so breathless so it is catch 22.

Thank you all for helping me manage the wobbles and avoid google.

I need to fins somewhere as supportive to address my diet, alcohol and fitness now!

love flump xx

Thread Information