Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluox Restarting

Re: Fluox Restarting

Jan 22 update** Yesterday was killer, worst day in a while. Half way through work it hit me, anxiety and abdominal pain. Got home and felt crappy all evening.Was able to eat dinner. Went to bed around 10, took 2 mg of melatonin, didn't fall asleep until about 1, wide awake at 7...Have a doctor's appt on Friday, we may have to discuss dosage upping. My "background" anxiety still feels high. Tomorrow is start of week 6..Onward and upward....

Oh no, that’s so frustrating. Do you know if your anxiety is triggered by stress at work or is it more when you bring it on by negative thoughts? I know if I’m busy & distracted the anxiety is in the background but can really amp up when given too much time to think about it. I’ve been doing puzzles & crosswords to make my mind refocus. Do you enjoy anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdaze View Post
    Oh no, that’s so frustrating. Do you know if your anxiety is triggered by stress at work or is it more when you bring it on by negative thoughts?
    Yes...to both, unfortunately...Today was a good day. Almost no...well, very little anxiety. Last night, thank heavens, I slept pretty good.Funny thing about stuff like crosswords/puzzles is, when my anxiety is high, I cant sit still long enough to do them..It's even hard to sit and watch TV or a movie...Hopefully, the other day was just a 'blip'.
    Hope all is going good for you !

Yeah, im exactly the same. Can’t sit still either, can’t concentrate on anything. Today I’m flat but not bad. Have eaten & went for a walk. Now I’m meeting friends at the beach for a swim & then out to dinner. This will be interesting....I’m already got the knot in my tummy & nausea spiking. Thinking I may cancel....

Yeah, im exactly the same. Can’t sit still either, can’t concentrate on anything. Today I’m flat but not bad. Have eaten & went for a walk. Now I’m meeting friends at the beach for a swim & then out to dinner. This will be interesting....I’m already got the knot in my tummy & nausea spiking. Thinking I may cancel....

I hope you were able to go. Yeah, sometimes, when your not feeling good, it's hard to get motivated to get out and do things. Sounds like you have/had a opportunity to do some fun stuff. Hope you were able to go and enjoy...

I did manage to go, not too much anxiety but having a beer helps! How are things going for you? Have you thought any more about increasing your dose?

I did manage to go, not too much anxiety but having a beer helps! How are things going for you? Have you thought any more about increasing your dose?
    Thats great that you went ! Not too bad here. After the rough patch earlier in the week, things have started to smooth again. I'm going to wait 2 more weeks and see what happens. If the good days out number the bad, I'll hold where I am. If not, then I'll ask my doctor about increasing to 60 Mg and see if that works better

That’s a good plan. I am seeing my Dr next week. I wonder what he’ll suggest. I’m definitely going to get some Xanax. Don’t know how I’ve done these last few weeks without it. Hope you have a good day.

I’m definitely going to get some Xanax.
    Imho, lorazepam (Ativan) is better. It's longer acting and dependency is slower to develop. Only use it when necessary as benzodiazepines may slow AD kick-in, but do take it if you need to as white-knuckling through anxiety is counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Imho, lorazepam (Ativan) is better. It's longer acting and dependency is slower to develop. Only use it when necessary as benzodiazepines may slow AD kick-in, but do take it if you need to as white-knuckling through anxiety is counterproductive.
    PDU offers good advice. I've never had Ativan, but the Xanax that I have, I take very rarely due to the fact that dependency can occur faster than with other meds..It does work for those extreme anxiety periods, but its my 'last resort'. Talk it over with your doctor. If your still struggling, sounds like you could benefit from a short term help...Keep us posted...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information