Thread: Costochondritis or Breast Cancer

Question Costochondritis or Breast Cancer

Hi,
    I am driving myself crazy with worry over my breast Cancer worry.
    It started about a week ago when my right nipple became itchy. This disappeared and was then replaced with a strange sensation/ feeling in my right breast. I was two weeks late in getting my period and put it down to that. My period has now finished but my breast still has these symptoms. Sometimes it is sore to touch, sometimes it's hyper sensitive and sometimes I just know ' it's there'
    I am 47 and possibly perimenopausal and have an under active thyroid and Fibromyalgia. I have read a lot of posts about Costochondritis and do have symptoms of this. My ribs directly where the breasts join the body ache sometimes as does my ribs lower down and top of my back. Also the ribs down the sides of both breasts are sore. My question is though does Costochondritis cause breast soreness, pain and sensitivity. I'm so scared I'm going to miss something??? Has anybody else had this.

Re: Costochondritis or Breast Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Worried of Norwich View Post
    Hi,
    I am driving myself crazy with worry over my breast Cancer worry.
    It started about a week ago when my right nipple became itchy. This disappeared and was then replaced with a strange sensation/ feeling in my right breast. I was two weeks late in getting my period and put it down to that. My period has now finished but my breast still has these symptoms. Sometimes it is sore to touch, sometimes it's hyper sensitive and sometimes I just know ' it's there'
    I am 47 and possibly perimenopausal and have an under active thyroid and Fibromyalgia. I have read a lot of posts about Costochondritis and do have symptoms of this. My ribs directly where the breasts join the body ache sometimes as does my ribs lower down and top of my back. Also the ribs down the sides of both breasts are sore. My question is though does Costochondritis cause breast soreness, pain and sensitivity. I'm so scared I'm going to miss something??? Has anybody else had this.
    Hi, you may have breast discomfort due to hormonal influences or Costochondritis (or both). You have autoimmune issues already (thyroid and fibro) so Costochondritis could be on the cards.

You could try some anti-inflammatory meds and see if that settles things down. As you're 47 it would be good to see your Dr for a breast check and ask for a mammogram as a matter of course. It's good to have a baseline mammogram round about your age. I know most of my aches and pains are down to my CFS but for anything new that lasts a while, I see my Dr for a review.
    ps. I've had the itchy, tender soreness in my breasts and it's just been something autoimmune (likely inflammation) that's caused it.

Thread Information