Thread: Head/neck pain making me worried about brain tumour again,..

Head/neck pain making me worried about brain tumour again,..

Hi everyone,

I’ve had brain tumour scares before but they kind of wore off. However, today as I was driving I felt this sudden pain in the top back left side of my head. It was there for a minute, and now it’s on and off. My neck/shoulders felt sore too. I turned my head to the left and it sometimes makes the pain on my head worse.

Could this just be tension? I’m always looking down on my phone or laptop for school. Just trying to stay calm!!

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

I’m so worried it’s either a brain tumour or high blood pressure.

Where my hair ends at the back of my head down by my neck is so achy.

Re: Head/neck pain making me worried about brain tumour again,..

Tension headaches are partly native to the area you mentioned(back of the head, and back of the neck). Though the feeling of the head is wrapped in a band is the more common subtype.
    I get all "modes" of tension on the head. Bottom, back, and general all around. With the back of the neck and occiput being the most susceptible.

Is your pain episodic, periodic(like 1-2 weeks), intermittent(on/off), or persistent?

Ive had this on and off for the last 2 weeks! Feels like a band across my forehead. Going through the same episode of thinking Ive got a brain tumour aswell. Draining isnt it! From you saying you have a sore neck I would bet its a tension headache.

Quote Originally Posted by nafets View Post
    Tension headaches are partly native to the area you mentioned(back of the head, and back of the neck). Though the feeling of the head is wrapped in a band is the more common subtype.
    I get all "modes" of tension on the head. Bottom, back, and general all around. With the back of the neck and occiput being the most susceptible.

Is your pain episodic, periodic(like 1-2 weeks), intermittent(on/off), or persistent?
    Hi Nafets! Thanks for the response.
    This happens like 1-2 times a week maybe. Not very often. I don’t reqlly get the feeling of a wrapped head. It was mostly just one small location on my head. Is yours the wrapped around feeling? I feel like my neck is always sore, it is right now but probably because I’m looking down at my phone!

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sampowell542 View Post
    Ive had this on and off for the last 2 weeks! Feels like a band across my forehead. Going through the same episode of thinking Ive got a brain tumour aswell. Draining isnt it! From you saying you have a sore neck I would bet its a tension headache.
    Hey Sam,

Thanks for responding!! Glad to see I’m not the only one. The brain tumour fear drives me crazy!!

Does your pain ever go to the back of your head/neck? Anytime I have forehead pain for me it’s usually sinus related! I hope mine is just tension

You've been worried about this for 5 years, I'm thinking that you'd be dead by now (your 1st post).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm a self declared expert on brain tumours. I've worried about them almost daily now for seven years. I'm currently awaiting a CBT appointment.

When a brain tumour causes a sudden, severe headache, it continues to worsen until the patient gradually passes out. This takes place over a matter of minutes.

You don't have a brain tumour... Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thread Information