Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pounding heart.

Pounding heart.

Hi so ive been diagnosed with panic disorder. And am a constant heart worrier. Ive been tested mulyiple times by three different heart clinics. So my question is to those that maybe had this symptom. I always feel my heartbeat, i mean its really strong like a vibrating pulse going through my body and my left foot. When i lay down it worsens to a point i cant easily read a book because my hands are pulsating from the heartbeat so much, and my chest and stomach keeps rising witheach heartbeat. Sometimes the feeling suddenly stop and i wont feel it. But only for like 8 hours then im on the pulse train again ive been like this for 2months.
    Thanks.

Re: Pounding heart.

Yes, I experience the same thing and I too have panic disorder. I can sometimes feel my heart beat in my head!
    It's more prominent when I'm trying to go to sleep.

I am in the same exact boat as you! It's not that I feel like my heart is beating too fast, but always that it seems to be beating too hard. I too suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Thanks for the answers. But do you visually see the beats on like your belly or your chest when you lay down for instance?

Yes. And not just lying down. I can see my heart beating right now while typing this. And I'm not even particularly stressed. It's normal.

I took can see it when I lay down, especially on my back.

Thanks again guys. I can be more secure now. And how about when you just wake up? Do you feel more panicky? Like some tingling in your chest?

Adrenalin & cortisol explain all your symptoms. And yes, if you're suffering from anxiety, it's entirely normal to wake up feeling a bit wired. It's circadian rhythms - your cortisol levels rise early morning, because your body is gearing up for the day.

Remember, having an anxiety disorder isn't a matter of whether you're feeling a bit anxious at any particular moment of the day. It takes a fair amount of time of not feeling anxious - about 4 weeks in my case - for your body's physiology to return to a non-anxious state (during which time you're still going to feel the symptoms of anxiety even if you're not anxious).

I was going to say something similar to Daedalus. I feel this in the morning as well and it all has to do with cortisol levels in the morning. You are not alone!

Thank you all so much.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information