Thread: experiences with psychosomatic symptoms?

experiences with psychosomatic symptoms?

i'm not sure if this is the right area to post this so i apologize in advance if it's wrong.

i had a question regarding psychosomatic illnesses. how long did it take, for those of you who have dealt with it, for your symptoms to disappear? i'm avoiding google at the moment but, this is a serious thought/question i have.

any responses/info you can find and share is appreciated!

Re: experiences with psychosomatic symptoms?

I have a lot of experience with psychosomatic symptoms, hahaha, almost 20 years of them.

My mind is pretty good at coming up with all sorts of creative symptoms, from pins and needles to pain, relating to the illness I have at any given time. I have had symptoms last for months, literally to disappear as soon as I got the all clear after testing, or a couple of days thereafter...

I also had psychosomatic pain in my back, including numbness down my leg for over a year. Again, it eventually went away (I read a book by Dr Sarno - this might be worth googling).

I know it's tough. Hang on inthere!

i'm really hoping this is all just psychosomatic, it feels so real and it's terrifying!

I had a sore throat for more than week due to anxiety. Once I got my test results clear, my sore throat went away. I realized it should be psychosomatic symptom.

Now I am again into health anxiety for almost 3 weeks. I had my psychiatrist consultation today and he told my swollen lymph glands are psychosomatic. I am still feeling it to be paining often, but he examined and said I don't have one....
    I am wondering then what I am feeling

Thread Information