Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you sleep ALOT during depression?

Re: Do you sleep ALOT during depression?

In the recent past I have gone to bed when severely depressed just to try and shut it out. There's something comforting and reassuring about being in bed - assuming your mind will shut up and let you get to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenxo View Post
    I’ve been thinking about it but I’m scared to. It seems like people go through a lot just to find a med that agrees with them. I wish I had a magic pill that would make me happy fast lol

Yes, sometimes you do have to go through a lot of meds just to find the right one. But once you find the right one, it's worth it.

It's like changing anything with your body. We would all like a magic pill to lose weight too, but it doesn't exist. So you have to eat better and exercise. Or take asthma. Many people have to try several inhalers and med combinations to find the right one that relieves their symptoms best. Unfortunately, it's just how it it. The sooner you start working on it, the less time it will take.

Yes that’s so true. I’m going to look into it for sure. If and when I find something that works I know I would be so much better. All I need is just motivation and a more relaxed mind. Everything is trial and error

When I got really depressed, I used to put motivational signs on my ceiling above my bed to get me moving

Thank you everyone who responded! You guys made me understand that this is a NORMAL symptom of depression. I really was thinking I was maybe even sick or something by being able to climb out of bed and all. Today has been very very productive for the first time in A month of being in bed every single day sleeping 10 + hours and just laying there. Did my hair nails cleaned my house left the house to buy a healthy salad and I’m hoping to be in bed by 11pm and wake up tomorrow morning motivated again like today thanks honestly this helped me ! I’m 24 and I haven’t accomplished anything in life yet cause i love to lay in the damn bed all day and have bad anxiety about everything :( I don’t wanna continue the cycle !!!!!! I’m sick of it! Send me positivity to continue in this mind frame and I’m doing the same for everyone here on NMP! x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information